Strange issues with Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Goakhley, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Goakhley

Goakhley New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8 GB
    Hi,

I purchased a new monitor with 1440p and G-Sync (previous was 1080p and without G-Sync).
    I also purchased a new GPU, the Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream with 8 GB (previous was Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce with 3 GB).

I am using a Z97-A Motherboard, Intel i5 4690K, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 Prof. x64. and a Samsung SSD.

After installing the new GPU, I installed the latest nvidia drivers. It did not feel like a lot has changed, I tried several games and reached bad results, e.g.

Fallout 4 on medium settings, approx. 35 fps.
    Warhammer Total war only 30 fps, Witcher 3 only 25 fps.

So I tried to use DDU, downloaded it, booted in safe mode, applied it and then installed all drivers again.

The result was awesome, Fallout 4 on highest settings over 70 fps, Total War about 80 fps, Witcher 3 over 60 (on Ultra).

The strange thing is now that these results declined overtime after rebooting the PC a couple of times. e.g. instead of 80 fps, Total War reached only 60 (with same settings). At the moment it is back to about 25-30 fps. I have no clue why it behaves like this.

THe GPU has a GPU CLock of 1633 MHz (Boost: 1835). When watching it in GPU-Z, I saw the values "GPU Core Clock" and "GPU Memory Clock" reaching about 1999 MHz. Isn't this too high?

I ran out of ideas how to fix this :(

Can anybody help?

Thank you.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Only this game? Sounds like a game related memory leak issue. Encountered it once before in Skyrim a few years ago.

3. Goakhley

Goakhley New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8 GB
    No, same for Fallout 4, Witcher 3 etc.

4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    I would check the OS that you are running it sounds to me an software related thing not realy hard ware but could be wrong

5. Goakhley

Goakhley New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8 GB
    Ok, how to do that?

6. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    :pc1:That's crazy I never new a software issue could have that much impact on graphics related performance. Maybe a full wipe of everything could handle the situation and backup all your data and see if that helps.

And also 1999mhz is not to high if anything 1070's should be able to go allot higher but nvidia kinda cut the cards b@lls off alil so the highest is around 2100Mhz. Mine goes to 1936mhz on default oc and goes to 2136mhz on oc. I get like a 4-6fps jump in certain games from it just on core and more efficient mem with a solid +700 increase.

I always wondered about 1440p performance with the 1070 seems like it would struggle with new games like Battlefield 1 and such.:infinity:

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    Can you install windows 10 on a separate drive just to test if issue is fixed?

8. Eoma

Eoma Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 SJS
    Should be a software issue. Running the same card (replacing a R9 290) with no issues.

9. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Yeah should definitely do a fresh install of windows.