Strange colour: Feature or bug?

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Matt Lodge, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Matt Lodge

Matt Lodge New Member

GPU:
    Rx590
    Hi, I just took delivery of my first ever 1440p monitor, Gigabyte's G32qc.

I'm coming from an old 1080p television so overall I am blown away by the upgrade in image quality but there is on thing I have just noticed that is really jarring.

When scrolling on YouTube the text below each video momentarily appears a shade of yellow instead of white. I'm using dak mode on YT, so as I understand it the panel would be making a black to white transition. Except I'm seeing quite a yellowing during the shift.

Is this just something that happens with a monitor of this type and price point or something more worrying or worth further tests?

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I would say no you should not see this but your description is vague, could be ghosting, smearing.
    Could film it?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats inverse ghosting, turn down the overdrive setting.

4. Matt Lodge

Matt Lodge New Member

GPU:
    Rx590
    Thanks for the replies.

I realised after posting that describing a visual is difficult; a picture is worth a thousand words eh?! Anyway, long story short, it appears to be sorted now after running a Spydercal with my ancient puck. I also ran Windows display cal (fwiw) and there was quite a green tint to the greyscale.

I'm back to happy again, well sorta becuase my RX590 isn't able to trouble this panel at all. Waiting for blah blah blah blah......