Strange behavior in MSFS2020

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Lex Luthor, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Well there really wasn't a great place to put this but knowing the expertise here (best/diverse knowledge I know on the web 3D related), I decided to post it here.

In MSFS2020 the gpu downclocks half when a window is detached whether it's a menu window or instrument window. Does so with app in fullscreen or windowed mode and even if you leave detached window on same display. Repeatable as quick as attach or detach is done.

MSIAB shows downclock but incorrectly doesn't show fps or frametime drop when this happens. Fraps does show fps drop. Still investigating but thought the curious here would like to know. And can someone verify this on their machine? AMD and Nv?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My guess is gonna be a MSFS bug but... you know the story. Anyway, off to toggle and recheck.... I hate reinstalling new drivers....

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    fraps is out dated and nobody should use it anymore.

Smough and cryohellinc like this.
  3. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    I don't disagree with that, none the less the issue I described is accurate and exists. Fired up fraps solely as a troubleshooting step.

edit:
    Addendum: And if you fire up another app that drives the gpu , it will upclock appropriately and you'd miss the issue unless you notice the frame rate drop by eye in game play... or FRAPS!

Selecting record in OBS will clock the gpu up but no change in behavior on MSFS main screen incorrect performance behavior.

Ticket submitted to MS but would really appreciate if can be verified on other Nv and AMD gpu system. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  4. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Ok, pretty sure figured out what's happening and is an issue everyone has although they may not know it. Have a good one guys and btw, anyone hear from AirBud lately? He ok?

edit, sp... dang fingers got a mind of their own sometimes!