Straight talk question

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Agent-A01, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    So i have an iphone 5, im wanting to switch over to straight talk.
    Its a verizon phone, thats unlocked for all carriers.
    I know i can use Verizon service for my phone, but can i get LTE with it?
    Id prefer verizon over att/sprint because i get adequate coverage around here for lte.
    I know for att you get "4G" but its not really 4G, just HDSPA software upgraded.
    AFAIK t-mobile has lte but im not too sure about their coverage around here.
    Not much info out there and tried calling straight talk directly but phone line was busy and I dont want to wait half an hour.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    T-Mobile doesn't rely solely on their cell towers for phone calls, though they have greatly improved their coverage nationwide. T-Mobile has implemented WiFi calling as well on capable phones. Their coverage in my area is actually on par with Verizon now as opposed to the extremely spotty coverage they used to offer. T-Mobile does in fact have LTE...but it's not available in all areas yet.

As for Straight Talk, the last time I did any research on the service the unlimited data for $45/month wasn't an option for CDMA phones using Verizon's network or GSM phones using AT&T's network. Only with CDMA phones on Sprint and GSM phones on T-Mobile. This may have changed though.

3. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Slightly off-topic, but EE seems to have swallowed up T-Mobile and Orange, to mention but two carriers.

4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Only in the UK, not in the US.