Straight men who like playing as female characters in video games....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cronik, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Cronik

Cronik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)OC'd
    How do you find something that ISN'T REAL attractive? And out of all the Instagram model accounts, free pr0n websites, and Onlyfans pages you continue to choose video games as eye candy. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Why do I always choose to be a male character? Well, it's called role play and I don't want to role-play as a woman and I'm not LGBT... Also if I like the summary of the story and the gameplay sounds good, I like to put myself in that story if you know what I mean(role-play). I don't really care what "fits". I'm going to play male. I don't know too many games that are more fitting for a female and LGBT characters besides most South Korean MMORPG's.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Freeman likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  3. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Ok bud. Why don't we go outside for a nice walk? That sound good?

Lux Sole, Grimbarian and Party Poison like this.
  4. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
    I play both male and female characters, depending on their looks and/or playability (fighting games).

I DO often go for female characters when playing third person games, though. If there's gonna be a butt on-screen 90% of the time, I'd rather have it be female.

I'm indifferent to this topic, who cares. Just have fun.

Repo Man, user1, AsiJu and 2 others like this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This probably simplest of answers as to why male gamers do this, just like i am sure females do the same, less in in to same sex or what ever. In the end it game so long as you enjoy them game what does it matter. it fantasy world

6. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    I play vanguard MP and I figure the females are smaller and not so visible

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    I remember way back in NOLF 2. If I remember correctly there was a female character. Ya didn`t see her..... because we played in the 1st person. But you could hear her high heels clicking everywhere as ya walked. I absolutely couldn`t gel with that and deleted the game. I have a few friends who play as chicks, and I don`t get it, but whatever floats teh boat. lol

8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I often find the voice more pleasant to listen to in dialogues its not just the attractiveness factor
    you know how batman isn't really played by batman in movies but it's someone who pretends to be him. that's role playing too.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Trunks0 likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    This gotta be the most pointless fishing-for-argument thread in a while

10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    I liked when they started incorporating Female playable characters into games way back. Cause I imagine chicks get tired of having to play as male characters. Adding the Female characters allowed them to better immerse into the game world. As well, we got an influx of new players. Win win.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 Suprim X
    I can't say i would pick a woman everytime, but i feel like i have played male character lead for my entire gaming life aside from Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.
    And i noticed that while playing Star Citizen i have prefered playing female characters since they added them (last 2-3 years), but that's after 5+ years with only male character available.

I have always played male Shepard in Mass Effect, think it depends on the game really, and if there's a voice over i prefer. Female character in Star Citizen looks cool, more than their male counterpart imo.

Tat3 and Trunks0 like this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Cate Archer

Yes, protagonist in both NOLF 1 and 2 was female.
    And, you would see Cate in the cutscenes.

But, people can play as a female character without being attracted to it.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Just don't tell your moms, unless you want to make them jealous (wouldn't recommend!).

14. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6600XT
  15. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I don't know the reason for people playing a woman character, though I doubt it is "eye candy", but I personally would appreciate if in a multiplayer game people would choose the gender they are. Of course, this could lead to actual woman players being harrassed more, but I find it a tad strange that a male person shows up as a woman character. Nothing super strange in that, but it personally feels off to me. Single player titles are a different story I'd say, though even in them, I always pick a male character. Important to add though, that there are not too many noteworthy games with a set woman protagonist (woke stuff is not 'noteworthy' but rather 'trash'). Most often though the most immersive games do not have a strong character or even voice acting for the protagonist, no matter the gender.

EDIT. grammar

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022

16. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    If it's roleplaying then why the trouble of playing as something else? Even if I choose a dude he still will not reflect my views or actions fully.
    In Cyberpunk I don't see my character but the female voice actress is phenomenally better than than the male one.

Or what about playing as Gollum in the coming LOTR game? Do I need to identify myself as him in order to enjoy the game? Nope.

17. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Depends on the story, character models, who has better looking gear, etc.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Nothing wrong with feeding your fantasy.

There are worse things one can do in his/her life, like drinking and smoking.

I play a female character whenever possible.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Weird take.

I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey longest as Kassandra as her voice acting was vastly superior, and it felt satisfying killing lots of tough Roman soldiers with a girl :)

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yes, i agree. Lol