Store publishes benchmarks of the Core i9-12900KF, i7-12700KF and i5-12600KF

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    I have a feeling that Zen 3 refresh won't be just 3D Cache but another surprise... which seems AMD needs as Zen 4 is a bit far away.

2. @man_daddio

@man_daddio Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti 11Gb
    Well we knew the AMD wasn't going to be on top forever. The only way they can really go now is smaller and maybe a few more small tweaks. You can only improve a chip so much.
    And the new CEO of Intel made it very clear that he wants to spread all fingers out and dig in the heels. Intel will be coming back with a vengeance.
    They got the money. They got the facilities. They still have the market. They can lower prices which they have been now for several months. And they got some pretty good brains on board now.
    I bought a new computer recently but I couldn't get my hands on any real AMD hardware that I wanted. Plus what I wanted was way overpriced. So instead of paying $1,200 for the AMD top chip I essentially paid $400 for a 10 core chip and got an RTX 3090 along with it.
    If Intel keeps the prices low then that's what the majority of people are going to go for I think. Especially with the cost of gpus. The lower prices offset what you might spend on a good GPU.
    That is just my thoughts though.

Airbud and GoldenTiger like this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I agree. That's why I think those benchs are too good to be true.
    Previously leaked bench results, didn't show such a big difference.

4. msroadkill612

msroadkill612 Active Member

GPU:
    igp
    Even IF, just this once, alleged Intel numbers resemble reality, there is more to big picture competing than having the best mascot.

The killer is that AMD architecture allows their hamburger to compete w/ Intel's prime cuts.

AMD's desktop processors are what remains after the best have been selected for their booming, high margin & core count HEDT & servers.

Intel being perennially late to the party makes it easy for amd to profitably counter with better perf/$ in the market.

5. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    dunno, if its true ill be happy to upgrade my Creation x570 + 5950x to 12900K, first to go home to intel and forget about AMD and all the issues and annoyances this platform has and second, for higher single core.
    Also i hope for more PCIe lanes, looks like they have a lot of 3 generations

GoldenTiger likes this.
  6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Do not be fooled by the graphs the difference is more like 20%. 5950x has 1650 ish points in single thread and that best intel has 2000. That is like 18-19% difference.

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    It's easy to speculate why that is the case. Gaming performance is lower than Zen3.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I like seeing Intel delivering again on perf side. Tho still some catching up to do. As we can see in x265 bench. But it's a massive uplift from their earlier stuff. I am wondering if they will also have issues with games having "glued" cpus.

This is also intersting.

[​IMG]

I myself will wait till Zen 4 to come out to see where Intel ended up. Zen 3+ might give some fight IF amd releases that. But as currently not in a hurry to upgrade my current setup does everything I need it to.

9. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Well if you care about your budget then regardless of how good these perform you will hold till next generation and also ZEN4, both to be announced/released at end of next year.
    Also DDR5 would have better specs by then.

For the enthusiast however, can just upgrade the cpu/mobo and run on DDR4, just for the sake of having a faster cpu.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    For the sake of having just faster something never fit me. Even if I had the money it's not worth it. I guess that is just being beyond the epeen. Maybe back when I was teenager I would've cared. There isn't things in life that are worth such things. Except maybe travel.

mackintosh likes this.

11. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    Like I keep saying, no one who's upgraded their CPU in the last four years for gaming needs an upgrade just yet. Not this year, and most likely not the next either. There are some legitimate reasons for people who actually work on their PCs, but for gaming? Nope. Unless you're a professional gamer of course, in that case obviously every advantage counts.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I think they're likely suffering from lack of wafers which delays everything.

13. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm starting to worry about my good ol 9900k.

Screenshot (4).png

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    Results seem in line with what's been popping up on CPU Monkey. If the price is right, Intel will have a very attractive proposition for enthusiasts and professionals alike. My only fear is that mobo and memory prices might put this CPU well out of contention. We'll find out soon enough.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    pharma likes this.

16. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    I would really like to see some gaming benchmarks now. Every man and their dog are leaking more or less the same leak for weeks. Don't they do anything other than Cinebench in leaky town?

PrMinisterGR and Maddness like this.
  17. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    My 9900k and 10700k can do about 530 at 5GHz.
    The increase is huge and if this is the case I won't mind upgrading just the mobo + cpu for lets say 350-400$ difference (selling the old one)
    While I don't expect that 50% in games if it provides say from 120 to 160fps just from the cpu its very tempting.
    I'd even keep my ddr4 for now.

18. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Its not that unrealistic actually, sapphire rapids has been on their roadmap for 4years now, only seems like a big jump because of all the delays and cancellations with 10nm chips that were supposed to launch on desktop but never did ( canonlake, icelake, tigerlake ) ,

tigerlake h does 1600 points(cinebench r23) at 5ghz single core, so that equates to 320 points/ghz , and these numbers suggest alderlake will do 2000 at 5.3ghz single core, which is 377point/ghz which puts alderlake about 18% faster than tigerlake, a big jump but not outside the realm of possibility,

even amd expects a ~12% jump just from adding extra cache to their existing chips, so I can see 18% being feasible especially if intel has properly fixed ( not just bandaids) all of the bugs which hurt performance on every chip up to and including tigerlake.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  19. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    AMD is innovating, Intel on the other side barely started their engines again.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    And you're basing that on a supposition that Alder Lake leaked benches "cant be real" because its too high for a generational leap? Reminds me of the state of denial so many had heaped on Conroe when its performance leaked.