Store publishes benchmarks of the Core i9-12900KF, i7-12700KF and i5-12600KF

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. fredgml7

fredgml7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    This is the real response from Intel in many years, so I believe it.
    Intel is releasing two generations on the same year again to finally surpass Ryzen.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Thats the interesting part. Intel and MS are supposed to have worked extensively on optimizing Windows performance that Win 11 was the end result.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    These are the sorts of results I would expect for a major architectural upgrade and being on DDR5. Granted, we don't know the wattage. AMD is also doing some significant changes for next-gen, so, it'll be interesting to see what's coming up.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Have feeling Alder Lake's main performance envelope will not be with maximum cores, but with the 8 big cores that will each deliver close to the perf in the single thread chart. Which could be ideal for gaming.

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    And yet gaming benchmark leaks are conspicuously absent with just a little over a month till it's released.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    That is interesting becouse Intel always brags about their gaming performance.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  7. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    I just don't get it. If you had a part that would Conroe Ryzen then you'd be shouting it off mountain tops. Intel was leaking like a sieve with every generation and yet here with Alder Lake they're suddenly tighter than Apple under Jobs? Unless they're so sure of their gaming performance all they care about is taking away the multithreading crown from the 5950X. Weird. All of it.

Undying likes this.
  8. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Obviously that's not accurate in all tests.
    In many gaming titles for example you won't see a 20% difference.
    There are tons of games running within 3% difference between 9900k 11900k 5900x.
    (or even less depending on resolution)

9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    That's the funny thing about repeating lies people think well its the same lie so its more likely to be true. I hope its true as we need Intel back competing but lets not believe it because it matches what we saw before, as they could have used the information from the prior leak to try to sell CPU's.

10. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Can't be real. The single core it too high for one generation leak. They would market it much more if this would be real.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thing is, with my 4790K loading into Windows topped 60C with a 240 rad, my 3700x around 65C with a 360 rad, the 5800x goes to around 80C+ with the freezer 2 360.
    On Windows 11 that got worse, power saver plan stopped working after running a game, so ended up turning off boost and PBO, will try to tweak with CTR and see if it can manage to balance for better temperatures with the boost enabled.
    Are the 10k-11k series not as easy to manage as previous gen Intel CPU's?
    AMD is a crap show compared to what I am used to, lot more tweaking required just to run default stock and boost without heating up the entire house, reminds me about the later gen P3's.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    benchmark points were there,but real life performance suffered due to backport.

13. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    @Mineria Yeah, they run hot. The 5900X is my first AMD CPU in over a decade and I was quite surprised by its cooling requirements. I was used to my Intels not breaking a sweat until they were really pushed to the edge of their envelope. Actually had to modify my loops a little for the first time in 8 years.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That is not even remotely "conroed" level. Sure the single thread is good jump.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Conroe was a 40% difference in IPC, between A64 and Conroe.
    That's not very different from what those benchs show in IPC terms.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Until these Alder Lake CPUs ship, no one knows anything about them, really. I find it interesting that we are approaching the 4th quarter of the calendar year and Intel still hasn't furnished a ship date.

17. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    A slight delay in shipping might explain the lack of proper "leaks".

18. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Not that easy to manage yes, 9900k was pretty much at the limit of air cooling, if you pushed it too hard.
    10k-11k again you're in for serious WC in you want to push OC.
    Sure they can all run on a noctua DH15 at 5GHz all core sub 90C (depending on ambient).

This 12k will be not much different (look at PL1 PL2) and frankly if people expect a beast cpu running 50C and 80W is not gonna happen, from both this or ZEN3 (not on desktop at least)
    The only improvement regarding cooling/temp comes from the die size which is considerably bigger allowing better transfer.

They're pushing the transistor density at max to get this improvements, regardless of fabrication process.
    Desktop CPU sales are not exactly doing great, mainly because on hardware and even more software level you don't get enough improvements to justify an upgrade anymore.
    Combine that with low supply of other desktop components and you're in for shitty show.

On notebook however, this big-small will work great also the new IG unit.
    That's where the sales are.

19. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    There will be delays no doubt and most likely short supply for a while.
    I suppose they also wait for nvidia and mad to increase video card supply (2060 12gb launch lol)

Not a lot of reason to be available fast just for a bunch who want to upgrade just the cpu/mobo.
    System builders have a hard time right now.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I highly doubt they will be get conroed again so soon.

Remember that back then AMD wasn't well known outside the enthusiast PC space and Intel had more or less a stranglehold on the market. Althons were all the rage with people like us but outside that it was Pentium 4 netburst that ruled the sales.

AMD are in a much much stronger position these days, the underdog made its scrappy come back, their branding is stronger and we are in a different time as well with more people into tech than there was in 2005/2006 when conroe launched.

And AMD are also in a much stronger position to fight back this time thanks to that added brand recognition, insane sales and market share gains. 3D stacked cache will be their next "infinity fabric moment" with Zen 4.