1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop Motion attempt: No Blue Allowed

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MrOuija, Jun 14, 2008.

1. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Hey Fella's, me and a friend attempted to make a stop motion movie about Dunny's (little designertoys).

We had no idea what we got our selfs into. After 3.5 hours we finally had all the pictures and still no idea how to make a movie from it. We shot the whole thing with 2 Canon 40d's.

Unfortunately we didn't think of putting it off AWB and the camera stands weren't really stable ( a small cheap stand and a shoebox to be exact). This also was the first time we ever opened Premiere Pro.

We know that there's loads of room for improvement, but we learned a lot from this and I'm curious what you guys think!

Check it out:

No Blue Allowed - A Tragic Dunny Story

2. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    There's something very 'yesterday' about stop motion,and I still prefer it to CG.Probably growing up watching Rankin & Bass holiday specials on TV.Nice first try.

3. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix RX580
    + 1

It's pretty good for a first attempt. Keep us updated as you do more. It'll be interesting to see how you guys improve over time.

4. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    Very good, I experimented with stop motion back in high school. You need to bring the Frame rate up to at least 25fps to be smooth.

5. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
  6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Haha, I like it! The shakey cam actually makes it more appealing I think. But that might just be me :p