Stop getting hung up on the Control Panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Lucifer=AM=, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Lucifer=AM=

Lucifer=AM= Member

GPU:
    512MB WinFast PX7900GTX-TDH
    Search for the following line in your inf

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies",ContextUIPol icy, %REG_DWORD%,2

and below it add this:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies",SedonaDisable, %REG_DWORD%,2

Both ContextUIPolicy and SedonaDisable are full words, weird formatting **** going on here.

Save the inf, reinstall the driver and hey presto you have the choice to use either.All tweaks with nvtweak including oc options then work.
    So stop stressing. the lazy gits never removed the old panel.This works for forceware 97.44.

Lucifer

2. Tuffty

Tuffty Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTO w/Zalman VF900-cu
    ....or just open the control panal, look in one of the drop down menus at the top and select "use classic control panel" :D

3. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    Or better yet, how in <censored bad words> can i change the control panel language?, Im using english OS but the control panel is in swedish. I want it to speak english as well.

4. 240aintenuff

240aintenuff Member Guru

GPU:
    Unlocked 6950
    HUH? What inf? And what drop down menu? I'm using 97.44 and the only option is show classic pane.

5. Tuffty

Tuffty Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTO w/Zalman VF900-cu
    im also using 97.44

as for classic panel...

click view then select "Use classic NVIDIA control panel"

also no idea about the sweedish thing lol?

6. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    I also have no "Use classic NVIDIA control panel" in the menu on my 97.44 8800GTX driver. The swedish language is hard coded in the language help files and in the control panel DLL. Dont know how to change so it speaks english instead of swedish. It doesnt help to delete the swedish language files from the driver package.

This is very irritating. Even tho i am swedish but i have used english OSes since C64 and Amiga and im going to keep using the english variants even with Vista. Thats why i want it in english.

7. 240aintenuff

240aintenuff Member Guru

GPU:
    Unlocked 6950
    Use classic control panel doesn't exist. Its not an option for me. Using 97.44 also

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It's really annoying isn't it? I also can't stand it. Everything (i really mean EVERYTHING) in english except god damn control panel, which is in slovenian language. Argh. It's obviously sooooooooooooooooo hard to impliment one stupid drop down menu with all languages to select from. CP can obviously change them, why can't user is beyond my understanding...

9. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    That drop down menu option for language would be sweet.

10. scott123

scott123 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX
    For everyone reading this thread: The "classic control panel" view is no longer an option in the latest official Nvidia drivers. The closest thing is "clasic navigation pane".

Sadly, Nvidia is going backwards on their CP despite the fact that 89% of Nvidia users hate the new CP. Hopefully Nvidia will listen and allow (for those who prefer) the old CP interface.

11. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    Checked that and thats even more difficult to use lol. Better wait for forceware X i think.

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    By the way stefansg, How much did you pay for your memory?

(I live in Stockholm):eek:c:

13. Lucifer=AM=

Lucifer=AM= Member

GPU:
    512MB WinFast PX7900GTX-TDH

Hiya lol,

How hard is this to comprehend?
    If you follow my instructions in your nv_disp.inf as above, it will give you the classic control panel option!

All this being said, i have uninstalled the 97.44 drivers as I don't rate them very highly anyway. I found glitches when trying to OC, all this crap about ntune I guess.

In my view the most reliable, balanced drivers to date is a toss up between 92.91 and 93.81.
    93.71 is the worst recent driver I have come across.

Lucifer

Lucifer

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  14. scott123

scott123 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX
    Answer: For those with 8800 cards you will no longer have access to FSAA settings above 4X. 8800 cards can go as high as 16X FSAA, so unless you never set above 4X this is bad.

That is why I made the comment I did :)

15. scott123

scott123 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX
    BTW, I tried your settings and at least with my 8800GTX it did not work (just added the one line below the 1st one then re-installed).

The way I tested the old CP was to activate it using N-Tweak (latest version). That is where I confirmed what everyone else way saying which was 4X FSAA is the max-setting for 8800 cards.

If I made a mistake in the .inf, let me know.

16. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    Easy, i have a job :)

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    No no
    HOW MUCH did you pay for the mem you have in your PC?
    (2 Gb Corsair XMS2 Twin2x2048-6400C4)

18. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    Ah sorry, i misunderstood. Lets see, shall pull up the komplett.se manifesto :)

I payed 3098 SEK for them in 2006-07-20 but they are little cheaper now at komplett.se, 2795 SEK i think. The only board that runs these bad boys good is 680i boards. I have tried alot of boards during 2006.

19. Shadow_Death

Shadow_Death Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290x Gaming 4G
    .... Ok People... Use this at your own risk... I've done this on my Windows XP machine so I would assume it will only work on XP.

I realize people don't like Rapidshare but it's the best I can do as far as file hosting.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17648631/Classic_Menu.zip.html

That should re-add the selection between old and new.

Based off of Lucifer=AM='s notes above.