Stock GTX 680 Bios - 80.04.47.00.80 Needed Please!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Nightmare, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I wish I would have come across this thread a few days ago Nightmare, like you I also just got my 2nd GTX680 (after getting the first one at launch) and my original card is flashed with the BIOS file you needed! (both cards are the same model from eVGA - P4-2680 2GB Reference but have different BIOS files).

Although I'm knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff I'm not an expert, like Nightmare should I flash one of my cards so that their both running the same BIOS file (I never actually tested my new 2nd card, I just installed it and reinstalled the driver for SLI)? I assumed that they would both have the same specs (GPU/MEM/Voltage specs) given they are the same model from the same vendor with the same advertised specs?

Please let me know guys if there is any benefit to both cards having the same BIOS file (keeping in mind that they already have the same clocks and voltages). Last but not least, I'm assuming they both have the same clocks and voltages despite having different BIOS versions since both cards are the same but I will set Afterburner to log GPU/MEM clocks and voltages and get back to you all with the results - maybe my assumption is incorrect!

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It shouldn't make any difference. One of the common reasons for a different BIOS rev is GPU memory compatibility. If they run in SLI together there is no reason to mess with them. Also, your boost clocks may vary per GPU but your memory clocks should be identical.

3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks HeavyHemi for the prompt reply, its greatly appreciated! After some quick benchmarking last night and some gaming today I quickly realized from reading the log file that your absolutely correct, GPU loads and boost clocks varied but memory clocks were identical!
    With that said you mentioned that different BIOS revisions could possibly be for GPU memory compatibility. Well when I got my 2nd GTX680 I also bought two new EK full-coverage blocks which meant pulling the stock heat-sinks off and my original card came with Samsung IC's and new card came with Hynix IC's. I assume that is what you mean regarding "Memory compatibility"? Thanks for your help and time with this, I feel like an idiot for asking as it should probably be understood but I want to make sure!

4. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    In case anyone wants it...
    [​IMG]

EVGA BIOS: 80.04.47.00.80 (P2002-0000): http://shadowdane.com/public/GTX680_SC2_EVGA.zip
    I tried to upload it to TechPowerUp, but it says it's a duplicate. But I can't find it in the catalog, hmmm...