1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still trying to figure out which drivers are best with a 6600GT!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by truballa2k3, Feb 25, 2005.

1. truballa2k3

truballa2k3 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT OC'ed @ 560/1.1
    Most of you guys here have the 6800's and i really cant see which drivers are best for this video card. I know someones gonna say research and look around and I have been but I just want a good driver that does not increase my temp and gives me good scores. Thanks..Im currently using 71.80 before i used 71.20 and before i used 66.93.

2. metalstorm

metalstorm Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6600gt agp 598/1174
    the best for my system are the 71.24, good scores and real stable. tried heaps of others but always come back to these.
    good luck

3. HUNDsen

HUNDsen New Member

GPU:
    Inno3DGF6600GT/1,6nsSamsung
    Hmm, just a question, both of u talkin bout 3Dmark scores or 'bout fps?

Just asking bc imho fps-rate is the only thing that counts when it comes to gaming...

4. Cogar

Cogar Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX6600GT
    I tried the 71.22 driver and Aztec (Counter-Strike: Source) looked terrible. (Not just low quality--terrible.) I later learned that all the 7x.xx drivers have this problem. For me, it was not worth a few fps, and that is all it was--a few fps at most. I went to 66.93 and am happy.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    3dmark scores roughly approximate actual game fps. If you have an increase in your 3dm scores, chances are you'll see an increase in actual games fps too. There are situations when that is not the case, but that is more the exception than the rule. So generally, 3dm is useful in giving you a good idea of the capabilities of your card.

6. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    3dmarks or fps

If ur looking for better 3dmark scores u can try the 75.90
    But 75.90 are still in the beta stage,thus having problems with some games like COR EFBB , NFSU2

If ur looking for a stable and performing driver , i would prefer 71.81 . It is the best working driver for my system , performeed better than 71.24 ..

7. sloeri

sloeri Member

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX 2Gb
    I'm currently using the 66.93 and i have no complaints... maybe they aren't the best performance wise but they are stable enough...

as soon as nvidia releases another official set i"m gonna update off coarse...

tried some 7x.xx drivers and always issues with them so i'm sticking with the 66.93 for now :)

hmmm... opinions do differ though... it all depends what you care for... stability or performance..

regards
    Joeri

8. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    Hey Sloeri, the 71.81 drivers are WHQL logo'd and i haven't
    heard of any bug in it till now

It definitely increases your cards performance (not at the cost of stabilty though)

9. sloeri

sloeri Member

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX 2Gb
    aha.... thx for the heads up... gonna give em a try...

there are so many drivers that its easy to miss one...

regards and thx ;)

sloeri

10. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    the 75.90 drivers gives a great performance boost . so far it has been quite stable for me

11. BuMp

BuMp Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel 540

12. Mitch007

Mitch007 Master Guru

GPU:
    leadtek 7600GT AGP 600/780
    only use microsoft approved, these are the only ones fully tested against a full suite of games, or for sis chip set, 67.03's

simple!

otherwise you'll only get trouble/issues

13. Shez

Shez New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6800GT
    I'm using the 75.90 as of friday, and all seems to be ok, except for one lil thing: when swapping from 3D to 2D it flickers once. So just keep gaming :p

14. chennhui02

chennhui02 Member Guru

DHzer0point 67.66. Believe me this modified driver are the best... for my system. Give a try!

15. metalstorm

metalstorm Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6600gt agp 598/1174
    as we can all see every systems different,75.90 gave me the best fps in doom3 55fps,the worst 3dmark 03 6458 but wat killed it for me was artifacts in bf42 dcx8 at stock speeds, the 71.81 was really good except i got theses weird freezes in tribes, havent used the 66.93 cause i got the dreaded sis chipset and need 67.03 and up with the sis fix, the 67.66 gave me heaps of bsods,even when trying to change resoloution in nividia control panel ! currently going to install the 71.84 and test them. cya all and good luck with your pcs btw 71.24 are whql for the 6xxx series .

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005

16. gobucks

gobucks Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT PCIe @675MHz/1800MHz
    so far the 71.84s are the least buggy drivers since 67.66, as far as i can tell. I have yet to detect a bug, other than the temperature bug, which doesn't affect 6600GTs anyway, so I can't vouch for its presence. Performance is also generally better than on older 6 series drivers.

17. Fluke23.

Fluke23. Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800gs+ 512 mb
    I agree with chennhui02, DHzer0point 67.66 are by far the best drivers for my system at the moment as well.

18. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    not 75.90 plz....

Please don't try the 75.90 beta drivers now...Wait for better or perhaps WHQL logo'd versions of 75.90..It still have bugs in it (even the XtremeG 75.90)

Hey "TheGamer" have u tried running NFSU2 ???

19. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    Go for the 71.24's as they are Microsoft verified and work great, or if you dont mind slightly less performance (i.e. 1 FPS) go for the 75.90's as they fix more bugs. They arent verified but I think they work well.

20. Relentence

Relentence Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600GT
    Re: not 75.90 plz....

With or without the WHQL logo, the 75.90 drivers will have the same bugs as they do now. WHQL does not make bugs go away. The binary files from a WHQL logo set and the same version without the certification are identical bit for bit.