1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still running Windows 10 1803?: Microsoft warns about ending support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    I seem to be on 1809, should be fine, mine just hasn't updated... doesn't seem to let me update :D

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    Update assistant should put you right?

4. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    Don't talk to me about 1903, everytime i attempt to install it just sends my system into a mess. Currently if i have it installed my wifi drops constantly and very weird colouring from my monitor but 1809 is just perfect. I so wish ms would get to grips with their releases and hotfixes.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 19H2 update could be tonight, but its not a major, so may be ok, i'll still be holding off for a bit though :p

6. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    LOL I'm just about to move back to 1709 as my 1903 experiences have been garbage as were my 18xx experiences...

7. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080Ti FE
    Isn’t 1909 supposed to be released today? It’s patch Tuesday and it’s October

8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Gotta suck when support for support for 1803 ends, yet windows fails to upgrade to newer version.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Wow. Only two years of support for an OS now from MS. This sounds like a joke, except it isn't funny.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Maybe the title should be:
    Still using Windows 10?
    Could be a better question IMHO.

DLD and Order_66 like this.

11. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    You getting a head of your self when they haven't even finish 19H2

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    For most people, I don't see the problem with that since Microsoft allows everyone to update to the latest Win10 version for free.
    And I guess people using Win10 and needing the best stability would use the LTS edition.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    It's not that they allow the update. It's that they force it. And it's a very intrusive update. It's actually an installation of the OS, not just an update.

So I don't want to update. End of story. Every time I do, something breaks. It even repartitions my disk without asking me. Didn't have this problem with XP or 7. I'm still on 1709 for that reason.

14. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 /AMD v7
    And I am on 1607 LTSB....so far most stable, similar to my sec os, w7. Gaming wise only!
    If there was more dx12 games, then this garbage may, may be more popular, despite its flaws. For now, nah...

Enterprise24 likes this.
  15. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Though Windows 10 and 8 have a huge advantage over Win7 for Battlefield and the other games running on Frostbite 3, due to DX11.1. Vulkan is also supposed to run faster on Win10.

Benchmarks also showed that Win7 and 8 have alot worse performance after the Spectre and Meltdown mitigations, than on Win10.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    intresting I think this is the update that just got pushed to my dads pc? or maybe it 1809 I dont know, I just know there was no updates pushed or received on that pic since 1709 was install,

My personal PC is still running 1809 then again not been around to use my pc seeing i am 600+ miles away from it.

They really need to sort there crap out cause forced updates I can get IF they work properly and dont fubar stuff

17. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+590
    yea lets drop support when they cant even put out stable updates as it is. this year has been hell with fubared updates

18. Mesab67

Mesab67 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    On 1803, tried 1903 and it almost fubar'd my system (user profile shambles, multiple paths not working including MS's very own Outlook!). Before doing a Rollback, which worked and luckily hadn't time-expired, I headed on to our friendly Microsoft Community for help. Was told, in the end, that "this is a mess created by Windows Updates".

I was intending moving from my current Intel system to one of AMD's November releases including a full OS install. If MS fubar's my system again before the new build and doesn't offer a suitable rollback do you think this would be defined as 'reasonable behaviour' by MS in a court??

19. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    mine says 1809 is that cool?.....I did not know you had to update the whole thing/OS...?

it was upgraded this past march "2019" from 7

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I didnt even know those old build only get update for about year before the stop pushing updates. Pretty sure by this time my dads pc got 1706? push to it was already not getting updates. which would explain why when I look at it the other 3 days ago it never had single updates since that build upgrade. I had reset the whole WU just to get to see and find 1809.

IF they gona force updates, and cut support to build older then year old, they really need to make sure there crap works.

I stuck 1903 on both my uncles pc and I was fullly shocked by the fact the "upgrade" didnt fubar anything well one of the 2 was upgade from win 7 so i just clean install it on that one after words so other one it went fine on was probably just a fluke cause 90% time I need to do clean install of new build cause something breaks that I cant fix . I was even more shocked by the fact the "upgrade" didnt reinstall a whole bunch unwanted apps and games on the start menu or on the system.