"Stickies" are out of control

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by niteprowler, Dec 10, 2002.

1. niteprowler

niteprowler Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 896mb (X1)
    First, I appreciate all the help I hope to get here. Stickies are a good idea...gone wild! I just got through with an 18 page "sticky", looking for answers to a 3D problem. That's a bit large, don't you think? It kinda defeats the purpose of posting a question and getting an answer. They are too vague..."anybody with any problem read this first". That doesn't do any good, IMHO.
    If they were more categuorized ("lock-ups", "slow performance", "pauses";) , "errors" etc.) they would serve better to stop repeat questions. And perhaps a little editing? Remove what isn't a possible solution...the "nope, that didn't work" stuff.

I make these comments because I come here for answers and appreciate all you go through to give them. I understand that "stickies" are meant to avoid the same questions being posted...but at some point, like after 16 pages, I'm going to say forget it and post a new thread. It's human nature, guys.

Myself as an example:
    I have a pause in all 3D proggies every 5 seconds, like clockwork. That would seem to indicate a certain area to look in, wouldn't it? It seems counterproductive for me to dig through 20 pages of posts in a "sticky" for "all problems", then another for "all 40.xx driver issues" when I have a specific problem. A problem that seems to limit itself to only so many possible causes.

OK...I'm done with the "suggestions". I am very happy to have found this site and look forward to a bunch of answered questions in the future. There are probably a lot of issues I don't realize about maintaning this site, so you can just blow me off as a "newbie" for such lame comments.

Anyhoo...thanks, guys and gals.

np

2. hazindu

hazindu Guest

I hate reading through tons of text only to find out it is irrelevant to me.

3. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580
    And why should it be relevant to you?

I recall seeing under the title:
    "Feel free to tell us your comments and suggestions on Guru3D.com in this forum."

...and he did just that.

It doesn't say tell us your comments and suggestions on other members, does it?

4. hazindu

hazindu Guest

I was backing up niteprowler about the stickers.

5. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580
    oh... oof... sheeesh...

:bonk:

sorry.

6. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    @niteprowler

Very valid points. There are so many topics out there that end up being the exact same solution time and time again. Thats why the sticky topics are created. Its a forum moderators nightmare to have loads of stickys. Unfortunatly in some sections, thats what we have.

Those sections have been due for a clear up. And i am +ve that comments in some of those stickys that dont help out will be pruned.
    In fairness, you must concede that many of the stickys have been labelled correctly and have very valid information in them.

Its just a matter of time before its handled. Thanks for the heads up about it again though. :)

Ant

@hazindu

Your comment has been noted

7. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

about a week and a half ago I slated two sections specifically for cleanup, nvidia and nvidia drivers, presently we are at work on a complete sticky, thats easy to use.
    Allowing comments is good for feed back though, in case we missed something, although the long term plan is to lock em up.

8. niteprowler

niteprowler Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 896mb (X1)
    I'm glad you all saw it for what it was...observation and comment.
    Nothing is perfect, in this world...if it was I wouldn't be here looking for answers, would I?;)

Thanks y'all!

9. SHAGGA

SHAGGA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670CUii
    Ooooooohhh
    I was so proud to have sticky. It made me famous. :cry:

How could you not like dem stickys? Some were helpful. Ya no summit, if ma sticky goes, well, well, i just don't know what i do!
    :Grrr!: