Steve Jobs Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Leafblower, Oct 6, 2011.

1. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Like i said before, i respect the man, although i HATE Apple products, but i think the world is overreacting a bit. The WWW exploded and it's full of tributes to Steve.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not dissing ol'Steve but i fully agree with you, some geeks i have on my facebook have been posting how they've been "mourning" all day at the office and thanked co-workers for support.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I saw news on CNN earlier of them talking about how the entire world was in mourning and that it is a blow to America's morale, and that he was the one who ushered in the computer industry.

Yeah, it sucks he died, but I agree with you folks. Tone it down. Christ, we've had people who actually matter die, political figures, religious leaders, and we get 6 hours of "They've died"

Jobs dies here and every news channel is giving it more press coverage than Soldiers being killed in the middle east. I find that terribly wrong, his life meant no more than any other.

4. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Even in the tech industry he's major accomplishments do not stem from real technological innovation. He should be remembered more as one of the best niche marketers out there because that's what he did, he managed to create a business model on 'exclusivity' and that's about it.

In engineering terms he did squat, wouldn't compare him to the likes of Gordon moore, Robert Noyce or Andrew grove. However in a world of appearances and marketing Steve jobs seems to be on the same level as Albert einstein.

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Exactly. HE was a good marketer, a good businessman, and he had charisma. However, yeah, he wasn't exactly the guy sleeping at the Office just to get more work done.

6. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I hate Apple computer products, but their music players are great. I also really respect what he did in the late eighties helping move computers along to GUI and such.

Rest in peace, respect.

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB