SteelSeries releasing three models speakers, including 5.1ch surround Arena 9

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    SteelSeries Arena 9 - 5.1 Gaming Speakers with Wireless Rears.
    My local computer shop has these in stock for awhile now.Was going to pick them up but the price is $300 dollars higher than the LOGITECH Z906 -- 5.1 Digital Speaker System.

Read some reviews on the SteelSeries Arena 9 - 5.1 Gaming Speakers with Wireless Rears and it will be a pass for me.

If anyone buys these Arena 9 speakers can you leave your impression on them.

For any Canadians the are in stock at CanadaComputers
    Canadian
    SteelSeries Arena 9 - 5.1 Gaming Speakers with Wireless Rears $699.99
    SteelSeries Arena 7 - 2.1 Gaming Speakers with Bluetooth $379.99
    SteelSeries Arena 3 - 2.0 Gaming Speakers with Bluetooth $199.99

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    Mpampis likes this.
  3. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Yep, not really worth the upgrade from the Z906s, just for the RGB and 2 tweeters. Mind you, you can find very decent Dolby Atmos soundbars with wireless satelites and dedicated subwoofer for the same price.

bobnewels likes this.
  4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    This is true about the logitech speakers.I have used the logitech speakers for 20+years on PC like Z-680,Z-5500,Z-906 they are loud but my brother always disliked the sound but for me loud was good enough.I also liked the z-5500 the most and used them I bet 10 years on one PC rig.

I bought JBL Bar 550-Watt 5.1 Channel Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer ,which the wireless subwoofer works good. I will keep it hooked up to my second PC monitor in one room for playing PC games there. My Main oled daily driver I keep changing my mind on what I want to put there next.I even though about the cheap crap Amazon Acoustic audio 5.1 setup for like $150 Canadian for craps and giggles.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    I was looking for a set of speakers for PC. Kinda want something which would fit under my monitor. Not much space left on my desk, other option would be to lift those speakers over my monitors. Not interested in these or any soundbars.

Marketing in gaming equipment seems to be: "RGB lights? DOUBLE THE PRICE!"

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Something that freed a lot of real estate on my desk for speakers etc was mounting both my monitors on a vesa stand with desk clamps a little bit higher and their stock stand not on the desk !

7. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    Little confused I've had the Arena 9 in room above my garage for months now..