SteelSeries Engine 2 Won't Run

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Xen0n, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Xen0n

Xen0n New Member

GPU:
    1 Gb AMD 6750
    Hi,

I have had the SteelSeries Sensei for all of 1 hour and starting to wonder if it was a good idea. Before purchasing I read reviews, went to check one out in the local store, etc... and decided it was a good choice.

* ahem *

That was before I tried to use the software!!!!! SteelSeries Engine 2 is giving me problems. It crashes on load on Server 2008 R2 64-bit, and after I installed the .NET V2.0 run-times (which it apparently needs) on an XP 64-bit box, the software attempts to start, but immediately terminates. No error, nada.

Anyone else know WTF is going on? I first encountered the crash on Monday when I downloaded the software in anticipation of receiving the mouse today. It seems it should run without the mouse present, but it didn't, so I sent a support ticket to SteelSeries about it.

Today the mouse arrives (nice hardware), but the SS Engine refuses to run (still).

On my dev box (Server 2008 R2) I have VS2010 and VS2012 installed, with all the .NET run-times MS ever produced, so I highly doubt this is the problem. For a change, the drivers seem to be working, yet the application does not.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Xen0n.

2. Xen0n

Xen0n New Member

GPU:
    1 Gb AMD 6750
    I got it working.

* Registry keys for COM component were missing
    * BlueTooth stack not present on Server OS!

Very happy now! :thumbup:

Best regards,
    Xen0n.

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Glad to hear that.

If you have any more problems/question, please share them.

4. PDXgamer

PDXgamer New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Xen0n; PLEASE post here steps to add the registry key for the mouse!