Steam's Big Sale!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    On the subject of credit cards:

Get a debit credit card. It's using your money, tied to your bank account, it just enables you to take your money online, rather than getting a blood sucking credit card to do that. It's like a regular atm card, with the credit card number capabilities to use online.

Never looked back tbh.

2. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    The only additional fee I pay on my credit card is the yearly fee, but the discounts I get in stores for it compared to paying by cash and/or debit card more than make up for it.
    I have automatic payment set up, and I NEVER use more than what I have in my bank account, so have absolutely no problems.
    Hidden fees and fluctuating interest again, only apply if you let yourself spend more than you have and don't pay it back before the end of the month, so are not an issue if the card is used responsibly.

@sirius: I use my credit card as a debit card effectively, plus it gives me more options online. I don't see the advantage in limiting myself to a debit card, when I know I can use my credit card responsibly. I only see a problem where the user is irresponsible enough to let his/her balance go negative.

Anyway, this is off topic, so lets stop ;)

3. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    There's one problem with Debit Cards, some of them might not have a CCV2 number. For example, mine doesn't have one.

I got lucky though, my bank uses a system that exists in my country, an website that allows the creation of a temporary virtual card, which is linked to the user actual card. Since the Vitual Card has a CCV2 number, I was able to overcome the problem of my Debit Card not having it. :>

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    dunno still man I still see credit cards like going to check into cash or check N go nothing but a trap to keep have you relie on going back to use more money..sorry for the topic derail.