Steam's Big Sale!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiplashwang, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I would be very sad if I had to pay full price for Cryostasis. It's very so-so.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I tend to enjoy so-so games. :) Maybe I'll find some enjoyment out of it.

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC

true...and you can't beat the 3 dollar price

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    During the X-Mas sale, a guy in my little community gifted about 13 people Judge Dredd. :p For a dollar, it's a pretty good game.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I don't think a credit card will help you in the long run financially.Btw Call of Duty:World at war seems to use Call of Duty 2's graphics engine but with enhancements.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well Cryostasis isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Enjoying it so far. Runs like Metro lol

7. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Has anyone got Beat Hazard ?
    I cant play it for more than 10 minutes the graphics are really annoying. I regret ever buying it.

8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    why? i like that game a lot. its addicting and colourful :D
    once i play compilation of house musics in 1 file, close to 1 hour and 30 minutes long. i managed to get until 50 minutes.

9. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Yeah its the colours and the flashing graphics that are annoying me, they're too bright.

10. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    im not sure if there is gamma setting in the graphic option. maybe u can change it if its there. or u can use nvidia cp

11. tbritot

tbritot Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5770
    Hey, could you elaborate on that? Why would it not help me in the long run?

12. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Google the words "interest" and "debt".

13. tbritot

tbritot Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5770
    I guess you watched Zeitgeist too much... (a bit off topic) (their money=debt explanation is really cool)
    Credit Cards are good as long as you pay them without delays. The interest you pay on being late or paying the "mininum required" is what makes them evil.

Back on the topic!
    I really wanted to pick elder's scroll oblivion... but its price never went down!!!
    Shame on you bethesda! (Not a shame for creating a masterful experience!)

14. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Only happens if you spend more than you have and/or don't pay it back on time. Absolutely no problem with credit cards if you make sure you have enough money, in fact, there are benefits e.g. discounts.

15. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Understand that credit cards are a tool created to generate profit for companies. Nothing wrong with that, but the profit comes from somewhere. Using a credit card is the same as buying a burger from McDonald's; you're paying to use it and making a profit for the company, one way or the other.

There are a variety of ways in which credit cards are designed to squeeze money out of *every single penny* you put out onto it, from hidden fees to fluctuating interest rates and more. Making monthly payments on time doesn't prevent you from ultimately paying back the credit card company more than you spent in the first place unless your balance is zero at all times.

The only advantage of credit cards is as a means with which to build credit or as a supplemental source of quick money for special circumstances. Almost always better to stick with your debit card/checking account.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010

16. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    cod4 engine w/ enhancements

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Oblivion was dirt cheap last month during the Bethesda weekend. I think the Game of the Year deluxe edition that I bought was only like $8.50 or so.

18. tbritot

tbritot Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5770
    I so envy you! I lost this Bethesda weekend, I hope they can do it again sometime!

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    say for example you get laid off your job and owe them money and you can't pay them they will do every thing in their power to get that money back I know because I parents owed a credit card company money at least 5 grand and the collection agents were almost as bad as loan sharks and they were unemployed when we moved to south Carolina.yes it has perks of having credit but has downfalls that isn't worth the risk of having one imo that why I don't own one and never want one just my credit/debit card but I mostly use debit so It takes out the money instantly.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And all credit card companies have protection plans there to help card users in case they loose their jobs and can't make the payments.
    if the credit card users chooses not to make use of the protection plans, yes... they will have to deal with the consequences if they can't pay the bill.

Having credit is needed to do... anything. Credit cards are fine, it's all in how you use them. Responsibility.