Steam Weekly Top Ten March 14th 2016

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wasn't arguing whether Primal is a good or bad game, just that the principal of more of the same in a different setting with better graphics is what most people want.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It's not even remotely similar. It's more akin to the likes of Harvest Moon, or Story of Seasons. I'd recommend it to anyone that hasn't played something like that before, it's not just some straight up farming simulator where that's all you do.

3. It's nothing like Farmville. You should consider watching some gameplay before making stupid comparisons. My wife plays it enthusiastically and even though I don't see the appeal in it, I'm not one to diss it for its graphics style. As some ignoramuses here already have. It's a top seller for a reason.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I have actually watched many, it's Farmville i have never really watched.
    Saying that, i never realised the comparison to another farming game could be so controversial lol.

I'm sure it a perfectly enjoyable game for some people, and well done to the guy for making some money it's just not my idea of enjoyment.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I don't think it's so much because it's a farming game, it's more a case of Farmville being a click-bait social game that's heaving with micro-transactions and advertisements.

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Okay. All your points are valid, as it is a follow up game that uses the same engine. But one thing... THERE ARE NO GUNS. That alone makes for a dramatically different experience. Most different Far Cry since 3, and really a unique game overall given its setting (same land area as FC4 but you dont even notice, really like its 10000 years later or whatever) and the fact that there are NO GUNS.

PS: Riding a Sabretooth (who is also your pet)? Best f*cking thing in the FarCry series, period.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  7. It feels pretty good. If you're a teenager, that is.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The Original FarCry remains the best FarCry, it is also what I consider to be the only actual FarCry game, period.

*bangs fist on table* . *PERIOD*

. < Period

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Seeing an idie game on top of The Division, makes me all sorts of happy! Hell I’ll play Terraria over any Ubi game, anytime!

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not playing the Division either. Awefully judgy, aren't we? :rolleyes:

So... a farming game is your best bet at gameplay these days? If something like that is supposed to be our last straw, I better quit PC gaming. Farming games are simply not interesting to me, and certainly not if the graphics are so retro they should offer it on cartridges. Have never played Farmville or anything like that either because the genre simply doesn't appeal to me. Looks like Game Boy Color with higher resolution to me.

Oh there we go, bashing at people with better hardware.
    By the way, I was surprised at the sale numbers for the other games being that low, not that strange game being that high up in the ranks.
    Also, you said you don't see the appeal in it yourself, but your wife does. So if others don't see themselves interested in the game because they don't like the genre AND the graphics aren't exactly making me want to find out more about it, it's wrong? Come on dude :D

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't play this kind of games neither :)

My point is this game has something and it's obviously not the graphic dep or the price: it's not free or a very low priced game.

A game can be good even without modern graphics but graphics alone means nothing.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Very true. But as others have stated here, everbody that buys themselves an expensive machine and likes neat graphics is dumb, and those people are the masses. So I'm surprised about the sales numbers, not the game itself being in there, would have expected us graphics fans overrule the buyers of farming games by sheer numbers.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So you are saying that there are more people with high end mashines, than there are kids, grown ups, girls and boys with laptops out there? Not really sure about that mate :)

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not really sure this has much to do with sales numbers. If this week would have been a release week, I would have guessed that the next FarCry, Battlefield, Fallout, Call of Duty, you name it, would end up #1. But this week seems to be a bit low on such sales, just surprised about it taking the pole position.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Stardew Valley........ I think...?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    :banana:

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    The original far cry was hard as hell man. If you even try sneaking in that game the enemies spot you from like half a mile away and start spraying with godlike accuracy.

Also not even gonna talk abou the weird mutants, that spooked me a lot when I was young.

18. Tsk. Twas but an example.

It's more than a farming game. You're spreading misinformation out of ignorance.

For some insanely self absorbed reason you seem to think that because you don't like the look of a game it shouldn't exist. Ya know, maybe you should quit PC gaming after all.

You must be utterly new to gaming (and life perhaps) if you cannot understand the appeal of a certain graphics style to different people. Again, you're so self absorbed that you think everything should revolve around you.

It doesn't matter what it looks like to you. The developer didn't have you in mind when putting in hours upon hours working on his game. Just don't go around spreading your falsehoods.

No, I'm specifically bashing elitist posters like you who barely even play games.

I don't like how the game plays. That doesn't mean I'm going to put it down and then imply that I'm better than anyone who plays it because it's a 'farming game'. See the difference? That's called empathy.

The success of Stardew Valley is good news for PC gaming. It was developed with the PC in mind and has made our platform accessible to different audiences. Which means more well-developed indie games and a larger variety of genres for us down the line. We don't need any more elitism.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To long, didn't care. Second set of personalised flaming because I don't care about this game. :rolleyes: