Steam Summer Sale 2016

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sverek, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, I think trading cards are one of the most pointless things added to STEAM.
    But, some people like them... so, for them, yay.

You can gather a certain amount of trading cards from supported games by simply playing them.
    And, the more you play games in general, the more often you have the ability to gain a booster pack.

Once you gather all the cards for a game, you can craft a Badge. Which will increase your Steam Level. (again, IMO, pointless)
    Problem is, some people take this WAY too seriously. I've had people tell me I'm not a "real gamer" simply because I don't do the badge or Steam Level thing.
    "That guy doesn't know anything, he's only a level 11"... an honest comment I got as a reply once. :)

Personally, I sell every trading card I get. May be 7 cents, may be 50 cents.
    But, due to idiots manipulating the system... Steam have modified selling items to try and "safeguard" it.
    Now, you have to use Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. Which only works if you have a mobile device. Which, believe it or not, there are people... like me... who don't.

I hate phones. Absolutely despise them. And I refuse to get one.
    So, to sell anything now... it has to sit in pending for two weeks before being listed.
    Which normally means the price I put it up at has now dropped and the item won't sell anymore.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

Booster packs are pretty common in the collectable card relm, suprised you never heard the term. it is just you can buy packs of card for each game. You generally buy boosters to increase your collection of cards or to try to get more valuable cards to trade.

But i am in the i really do not care camp as far as cards go, i had my yugioh phase and played a bit of magic, spent enough on cards :p.

3. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming
    I also hated the Authenticator. Have put it on my phone and only ever use my phone wifi to confirm the listing.
    As soon as I get a card I check the market value, see the highest value people are waiting to buy on, (usually about 7 pence) and list for that price.
    Have to disagree about pointless though. Steam have found a way to make money from nothing!
    Every transaction they make a couple of pence from people selling something that doesn't really exist from one person to another. Then people use the money they make from the sale to buy games giving the money created from nothing to steam.
    Genius

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I picked up The Witcher Trilogy + the season pass for Witcher 3 and Dragon Dogma.

I got say the say Dragon Dogma looks and runs compared to how it ran on ps3 is night and day, and compared to the last capcom game I got which was binary domain for pc, the controls actual work, with native gamepad support too...

I get around to Witcher 3 after I beat 1 and 2.

5. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Yup. I'm leaning towards Witcher 3. Beat 1 and 2. Also, Metal Gear 5, I beat all them other than metal gear 4. Never played that one. I loved Metal gear for nitendo when I was a kid ha! Finally going to get Soma. Winter sale I'll get GTA5 and fallout 4.

Thanks for the heads up with the trading cards. Appreciate the knowledge fellas! I'm going to sell all the cards I have. Any money earned is good!

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I thought they added it since some people are sitting on a lot of CS:GO valuables and other people want that stuff for free so they hack their accounts and steal the stuff somehow? I dont remember the details, just that it was something like this.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, they added the security stuff because of how people were doing the selling and trading of CS:GO valubles.
    But, the safeguard has been applied to everything done on the market place now. And to trading with friends.

If you don't have a mobile device, and it has to be Apple or Android at that (a friend has a Windows phone, can't use it)... you're stuck with a two week pending period.
    So, the trading cards I've gotten from this sale... sitting there for two weeks before they can ever go up for sale.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just added the Stalker Bundle to my library, never really played the games, remember playing Call of Pripyat on release but it was a buggy mess. I will check the games out when I'm on holiday soon :)

9. Hanjin

Hanjin Member Guru

GPU:
    8gb RX Vega 64 LE
    My haul for today:

[​IMG]

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Just grabbed doom for some old skool fps action. From what I've heard it's better than I expected it to be, and there's a couple of quid off too!!!

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Got the Max Payne bundle (MP 1 + 2) for less than 3 €, that's some value for money I'd say!

There's a lot of good games for less than a fiver like Far Cry 3, FEAR, Max Payne 3 etc...

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just picked up DOOM now as well.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Make sure you play with MISERY mod. Stalker series are one of the best.

14. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I picked up Squad, APEX for ARMA III, and Dragons Dogma.

15. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Lightning 1459
    too expensive in AU :( the discounted price = retail store price here in AU..which means 0% discount.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Still havn't bought anything, just selling Trading Cards.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    So far I got 3 games.. Interstellar Marines for 50% off for $4.99... it's still early access.. had it on the wishlist for ages, figured may as well grab it while it's at a good price.

Red Faction Guerrilla for 75% also $4.99, another on my wishlist for ages.. it looks fun.

And then.... No Mans Sky.. but it wasn't on special. just normal price.. just.. needed it..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Wanted to say 'what the heck' and get No Man's Sky, Doom, and Stellaris, but as they are annoying as they always try to make me spend that €2.03 of my steam wallet also, it's annoying to have authorise two transactions via paypal (first, for the sales price -2.03, then for the 2.03 as you can only afterwards say you don't want to use the wallet credit...). Ended up buying nothing, keysellers will do the rest (only costs 3€ more for Stellaris and Doom @ g2a for instance), not worth the hassle if they want to be so annoying.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I only bought the new Tomb Raider for $23. Nothing else really caught my eye. Even the queue for the cards tended to show me the mostly awful titles. Oh well.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Red Faction Guerrilla is great, topped off with Violation Games (i think thats the dev) releasing a patch last year that fixes a few things and adds DX11 is just icing on the cake.

Half Dead:
    Its early access but reviews are Mostly Positive, but htis game is like that movie The Cube. A map full of rooms that may or may not have traps (explosives, spinning flame throwers or laser grids that'll slice you up) and the only way to know is by throwing in one of your shoes.. heres a video:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016