Steam Summer Sale 2016

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sverek, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry, but how is "having to check the store page everyday" such a horrible thing?
    He makes it sound like it's some awful, extraneous task that has to be completed.

As if it's so difficult to check Steam once a day to see what the new Daily Deals are. Sorry. But, he sounds like he's trying to make it sound like you have to completely ignore your family and job just to check Steam once a day.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Metro Redux Bundle purchased.

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Figured to hell with it, bought Resident Evil: REmake and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 to clear out my Steam Wallet.

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Finished my COH2 collection. Nice. Must say, i'm enjoying the game.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Got Gone Home (80 % off). So Firewatch, DL: The Following (DLC) and Gone Home so far.

Will probably pick one or two cheap titles up before the end, like Bulletstorm. Most of my wishlist items are on sale :)

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'd much rather have to spend 5 minutes a day on Steam to check deals and actually get 75% off the big games which is not the case any more. Publishers didn't mind their game being 75% off for 8 hours, but they obviously do mind when it's 8 days.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Just grabbed Firewatch and Spec Ops:The Line.

I started playing the new Tomb Raider, this game is amazing. I really like the reboot they started with the previous one, and this one looks incredible!

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There were deals that changed every 8 hours meaning that if you went to bed as a new one appeared then you could potentially miss it. And not everyone has the luxury of being able to check the Steam Sale while they are at work either.

It was a stupid idea IMO, designed as TB correctly says, to add a sense of urgency to them and make people keep coming back to the sale regularly.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    +1

If you just add a game you actually want in your wish list, the steam app can alert you to a price drop. Then there's isthereanydeal.com. The worst thing to happen will be a few impulse purchases missed.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm talking about the Daily Deals, that were up for 24 hours.
    More often the not the Flash deals offered a sale that was already on the Daily Deal.

And, of course they wanted to make people come back to the sale regularly. That's just... sales. That's just basic business.
    You don't want to sell a person once, you want them to come back and sell them multiple times.

12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I don't have the cash to buy anything yet, but I will before the sale has ended so I'm working up a list, so far I'm at:

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger which I absolutely loved! If you haven't tried it play the demo, it's so fun and unique.

Alan Wake, I'm a total wimp so it'll probably scare me to death but looks interesting.

Spec Ops: The Line, the demo won me over, not the best gameplay but the atmosphere and story were interesting enough to warrant a buy.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    All great games. :)
    Alan Wake is more of a suspense/thriller style game. There's horror elements to it, but it's not a straight up survival horror game.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Omg, Firewatch is a real treasure, what an awesome game!!

15. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Picked up Squad, a little slow, but I am sure it will get better when the vehicles get introduced.

Also picked up Dragons Dogma. Only played a few minutes so far, but even in the first 5 minutes the combat is better than The Witcher 3.

Done with the sale, spent like $49.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Man...

I really want Black Ops III and MGSV. But, they are both out of my price range.

17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Same for me with Doom and Rise of the Tomb Raider, hopefully by the Winter sale they'll drop more.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah. Hoping so.
    And, by then, I'll get my medical bills paid off and be able to have some more monies for it. :)

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah, it's a treat!

Watched a gameplay video (Markipliers I think) of it and immediately knew I must get Firewatch.

20. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Firewatch is the only game I've refunded on Steam, it had awful stutter at launch, was this ever fixed?