Steam Summer Sale 2013

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Corvo-Attano-77

Corvo-Attano-77 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Picked up Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2 :)

The animation in DS2 is amazing! Having fun with the gameplay too.

BL2 is, in terms of gameplay, the blandest dullest shooter I've played in a very long time. Maybe it gets better - I've not got very far yet, partly due to the game being so boring.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea im not quiting it, as much as fighting sucks at the moment, its still pretty good!

When does this sale end?

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Even though the fighting is fun i found the graphics to be really nice. I found the game boring after a few missions as the citys are empty with a few back allys and nothing but a few lanterns to find. Its certainly not a patch on the GTA games for exploration and other things to do other than the main quest. Its a good game but lacking in some areas which are essential to me in this type of game.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oi, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Buy it you majestic space turtles! You wont regret it. Awesome game.

Also, FFVII is on special (for those unaware) US$8~

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, the sale only has a few days left. And I still haven't bought anything.
    I still haven't seen anything come up for sale that I saw and thought, "That's an awesome deal! Better get it now before it's over!"....

The game's I'm interested in, I tend to think 'I can get it cheaper later.' and ignore the sale. The flash sales haven't put up a single game I wanted. Either offering stuff I own or crap I don't want.
    And, I miss STEAM's give aways and Publisher/Developer packages.

All I have to show for this sale is a bunch of trading cards I'd rather delete then craft badges with or trade.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The only thing ive bought so far is Euro Truck simulator 2, as per Mr.Bigtime's recommendation.

how the hell the devs made that game interesting i dont know, but they should be getting more recognition for it.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Maybe I'm just cynical (I am... but, maybe more so then normal) but I've always found the Summer Sales rather pathetic. And have even found the Winter sales the last couple of years to be... meh.

This is probably like the fourth "big" sale STEAM has done that I've bought nothing.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Then the questions you need to ask yourself (if you havnt already), is what exactly is it that would make you buy a game from steam, what games are you looking for and why not look for other outlets to purchase games from as steam isnt the only online retailer, if anything, its one of the most expensive and my last go to place when looking for something new to play.

I can provide you with plenty of other CD key sites that ive never had any issue with when purchasing steam or origin keys.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I tend to use GreenManGaming.com to purchase games from more then Steam.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's probably time to find another hobby then. Steam doesn't always have the best prices, but calling the sales "pathetic" means you are most likely only sticking within genres and franchises you are comfortable with and won't try anything else.

11. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Ditto....bought too much at winter sale.

12. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    would you be kind to give away some trading cards if you're just going to delete it?

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The problem with GMG is they have a policy that once the CD key has been shipped you cannot change the game. So if you get a game like MK9 that has broken MP and you ask them for a refund they will refuse which is wrong as its false advertising. With Steam they will refund you if you have a problem like this.

I will not be buying from GmG ever again and ive contacted my CC company to get me a refund for MK9 because it fails to work as advertised. GmG are saying we cant refund you as you have a cd key. There policys suck and i will make it my business to get my money back for MK9.

14. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I agree that the games they offer on Flash sales could be more varied.

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Because it's one of the few games that works as advertised, and doesn't rely too much on money shots for trailers or screenshots; weather effects and handling behave as expected.
    Most people ended up liking it because it's 'pleasantly surprising', not to mention most of the vehicular simulation games that popped up before it are rather disappointing.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I picked up Worms Revolution, I've been waiting for it to hit 75% off.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I bought a bunch of few old games at like 2-3$ each. I pretty much own everything I already wanted...

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Has anyone tried Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? I'm thinking about grabbing it for £4.99.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's awesome at full price and at a fiver it's an absolute steal. It's by far the best Mario Kart clone the PC is ever to get but it is still a stunningly addictively game all the game not just because it doesn't have a lot of competition. BUY IT!!! NOW!!!!!

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 and Tiberium Twilight are both £4.50 over on EA Origin by the way and over 50% cheaper that the prices on Steam. The Sims 3 is also £10 and many of the expansion packs are reduced. There's actually some good prices on there which is surprising. The underrated Bulletstorm for £4.50, SimCity 4 for £3, Crysis 2 Maxium Edition for £5 and Battlefield 3 for £10 for example.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nope. I love gaming, and play many games across several genres and franchises.
    And there are games I want and would like to get. But, I haven't personally seen any sales during this one that I personally feel are worth while.