Steam Summer Sale 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 9, 2012.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try requesting a refund, if you state your reasons clearly and are polite, steam support will refund the money to your wallet.

I think the whole pricing nonsense is controlled by the publisher in question. Jacking the price to give essentially a lower discount is sleazy. Expected from EA! I have to pay them in euros for some inexplicable reason on origin and dollar=euro there too even though im obviously not an European nor residing there!

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm going to wait till encore day for both of them, if both show up I'll take it as an omen and buy both :p at worst I'll brace myself for the Winter sale for them :p lol!

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    have you tried

UseVsync=FALSE

in AliceEngine.ini

?

[​IMG]

4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Caved in and bought Trine 2. Let's see what's next on the list. >_<

5. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    It's more like the developers, but I agree it's bogus.

I have 41 dollars left to spend on the sale. Basically the rule of thumb for me is 10 dollars or lower and only if I would actually play it.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's on your shopping list? :D Great sale as always but, no fault of Valve, nothing "new".

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    If Hell froze over and ARMA II became 10 dollars I'd buy it for DayZ.

I also embarrassingly want Peggle Nights to go on sale for 2.50 (Looks relaxing and fun)

I want Dead Island to go on sale for 7.50

I want Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines to go on sale for under 19 dollars. It's ancient. I'll pay 5 for it. Same thing with the Quake games. I refuse to pay 10 dollars for a game that's as old as that. 1.25-2.50

Amnesia: The Dark Descent for 2.50-5.00

The Haunted: Hells Reach for 5 dollars (I really liked the original mod so 5 would be worth it)

Any thing else I see that catches my eye that I forgot lol.

8. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Get into the engine.ini's (can't remember if it's BaseEngine or DefaultEngine) and change the following to:
    bSmoothFrameRate=FASLE
    or
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120 (or w/e you like)

It's a pretty awesome game after that :p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @crush, Amnesia always goes on sale for $5 .. I think it's on one of the indie bundles too! I remember seeing Vampire in the steam registry before the sale started.. maybe you'll get lucky for it like you got Sonic? :p

I went into the sale thinking I'll only get shogun2 & skyrim, but I ended up with my original shopping list including alan wake, hard reset and saints row 3 (performance could've been better here!) .. god damn valve!! :D :p

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Heres an excellent site on how Steam is ripping of euro consumers - http://www.steamprices.com/eu/topripoffs

I was wondering why Rage wouldnt have been a deal if it had been 66% off. Would have been 17euro, its in retail for 15euro. A 66% discount on US price would mean it would have been $10.

Essentially a lot of this stuff when discounted in the EU is the same price as their RRP in the US, e.g. World in Conflict € 14.99 reduced to € 10.04, $ 9.99 $ 6.69 )

Hmmm, im not going to buy any more from the sale if its not the same RRP as the US

11. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Yeah, Saints Row 3 could have ran a lot better than it currently does. Not as bad as Saints Row 2 (which performs just as bad and looks 2x worse)

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    No, extra giftable copies from a bundle which some of the games you already have only applies when it's specifically mentioned.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thankfully the performance issues are most apparent only when driving. One odd thing I noticed, panning the camera with the 360 controller while driving is noticeably sluggish compared to the mouse. Afterburner tells me that the game dips to 40ish fps while driving and panning the camera, why doesn't it feel that way while using the mouse? I don't get it :-S

At least the game has its fun moments and feels ok for the 12.50 I paid .. glad I didn't get the DLC rip off version for $25. Sadly, THQ seems to have abandoned the game and all their games seem to be horrible DLC cash ins .. each and every one of them have an absurd amount of DLC! If they made their games better they'd gain more goodwill from the customer.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Valve's own complete pack is in the Euro rip off list .. amusing! May be there is more going on here like some no-compete regulation we're not aware of but it is rubbish, digital distro should mean one price for all and no region locking. Aussies have it the worst however.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    indeed there should be a notification on the page

16. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Yeah, the amount of DLC for Saints Row 3 (and there's a new expansion pack coming out .... yeah) is pathetic. It costs more than the game itself all together. The game itself is fun though but I like 2 better. I don't care much for sci-fi and prefer current and gritty for open exploration games like that.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Actually they've canned the expansion and integrating it into the fourth game.

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Huh. Good choice honestly. They shouldn't make the game for a while though.

Plants vs Zombies GOTY is the next on sale for only $2.50. Don't pass that up if you don't have it.

19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    The DLC is not worth or needed. The game is still pretty fun w/o it.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah realised later, thanks :)