Steam Summer Sale 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 9, 2012.

1. lothyr

lothyr Member

GPU:
    EAH 6850 DC
    NV, for me, has high replayability. But not for all I think. I'm a pack rat in game, so I pick up everything and put it in one of my stashes and somewhat organize it...Hardcore mode definitely makes the game more replayable, but many people complain about water, food issues, ammo, etc...To me, though, it makes me explore more and more completely. Get all the DLCs and you open up a lot more area to explore...Then there are multiple ways to play missions (quests?). I don't do hacks or cheats, so this helps with the challenge of the game.

Saints Row! Now that sh$t is FUN! I did not think I would like it as it looked geared to kids, but it is fun as hell...Plus you can customize your character's "look" almost any way you can think of...I am partial to busty blondes (I know-Cliched). I began to wonder about myself when I started "accessorizing" her outfits HAHA.

2. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    just got Trine 2

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Some of the original Steam pricing makes me laugh... Crysis 2 is 75% off yet still £9.99 (£39.99 RRP!!!). Also, Risen 2 is included as the next offer but with a 33% discount, it's going to still be almost £30 (another £39.99 RRP)!!! :eek:

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    In the states it's about $3.50 cheaper. I don't know why they do that.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone's thoughts on assassin creed revelations or brotherhood please.

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Well, other than that it plays like Assassin's Creed II?
    On Brotherhood, you have helpers that you can summon to assassinate targets.

Revelations have that too, but with the added castle defense-style mini game where you put assassins on roofs to take out soldiers with in order to defend your assassin den.
    Then there's the hookblade for zipping through...well, zip lines, and a (slightly annoying) first-person, puzzle platformer extra 'missions' about Desmond's past.
    And bombs...various bombs (well, 'grenades' to be exact) that you can craft.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^ thanks fpr the reply mate, I grabbed AC-B and crysis 2 (s*** game but..) for Maldo's pending Epic texture mod.

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Good choice. Revelations is just Brotherhood full of bonus stuff that you dont really need, in a different city.

Imo:

AC2 - best, AC-BH - very good, AC-Rev - kinda uninspiring, AC1 - plain boring

Got high hopes for AC3 though, seems to be a bit different (free nature climbing, hunting, mass battle scenes, new gameplay style, new environment, ship combat)

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^Thanks mate that's good to hear, also i owe you and your bro a game of heist at some point.:)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Wish I'd bought Civ V: Gods & Kings now when it was £15 (25% off) as I've a feeling it won't be discounted any more than that. :(

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, should have been more like Tombi with the pad, i was running sideways, into walls and allsorts of stuff :D

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    yeah sure Alice had an RRP of 50euro, so on sale it was 12.50euro but in the US it was $5 and £3.50 or so in the UK, i have no clue why they do that, i have never seen Alice being 50euro on steam in the past 6 months.

At least crysis 2 is 10.49euro here on 70% off with RRP of 35euro, pity the game is $hit lol

13. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    I have myself 80+ hours in NV. Totally good replayability, especially with mods.

OWB DLC is simply amazing. Haven't tried the others.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    True, but it does bring some closure to Brotherhood's story.
    And it was $17 for the whole shebang, so it wasn't really that bad of a deal.

To be fair, at the time AC1 was out, there was nothing else came close to its gameplay. =b
    Of course, by the time ACII was out, AC1's wow factor for its gameplay mechanics have faded long since.

15. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Well, looks like I can stroke another off the list! Batman AC for $10 through the community choice sale. It was close, 45% chose Batman, 41% chose Witcher 2. I would have bought either one as I want them both! :)

This sale is already starting to get expensive for me, and I didn't even know about it until yesterday! Some great deals though I must admit. I could use a great deal on Max Payne and Alan Wake, those are the two I'm waiting for.

16. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    It will be discounted next Winter Sale to be honest. As many other game I will have to play I think I can wait until then to save another $10-15.

17. Bentez

Bentez Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    Was hoping for the witcher 2 deal over Batman..

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im not buying anymore, must resist! :D

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh, Sniper Elite V2 for $25? No thanks.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Stores not loading for me now, its just blank. :D