Steam Summer Sale 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 9, 2012.

1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Rayman Origins is absolutely gorgeous and plays like a classic with improvements. Best graphics I've seen in a while. (Mostly because it's not hi-res dark brown)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just picked up Sonic Generations for $10. I haven't played a Sonic game in 20 years. It should be a nice, light pick-up game compared to my usual titles.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There goes my Alan Wake offer .. lol .. skyrim had better make it worth it :p

4. lothyr

lothyr Member

GPU:
    EAH 6850 DC
    Sweet THQ bundle, too bad I paid retail {sigh}

5. lothyr

lothyr Member

GPU:
    EAH 6850 DC
    Skyrim may not be available in your country...not avail through Steam in Ukraine...{sad}

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's available but most of Rockstar's catalogue, Batman Arkham city & a few upcoming titles aren't available in my country's store.

Pretty dumb of them to not allow purchase in your country. I thought they would like folks to *not* pirate the game?

7. Erqury

Erqury Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Vote for Left 4 Dead 2. I already got portal 2 and half life 2 @ 75% everyone else should have as well, hope they vote it down, it will only cost me $5 :)

8. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I did. Portal 2 was 75% off day one and HL series had a flash sale already.

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    Skyrim is definitely worth it. Once you get sucked in you will lose days playing it.

I haven't even fired up Steam to just avoid the temptation all together. I have over 140 games on my Steam already and this sale would just suck me into buying the odd game I don't already have.

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    Thanks for the headsup about Alice guys. Do Steam give refunds? I really do wish I had not spent money on From Dust. It's terrible. It crashes, I have to run it in safe mode to get it to work. I get flickering on the ocean and the mouse lags like crazy.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup! they do refunds but it must be for a valid reason and must not have been played a lot .. preferably under an hour. No hard and fast rule though. Give it a try, the longer you take the less likely the refund.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Heh .. yeah it sure is :D love the atmosphere of the game! I hope it goes for 66% off though.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti+KS800 TV
    Played about 10 minutes. Bought it today. Do you have a link? I can't seem to find refund page. Will keep looking. Thanks again.

14. Erqury

Erqury Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    From dust plays fine for me, already played 3 hours. Good game, but it looks like I am already 75% through.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just contact steam support the usual way. No separate page for refunds.

Oh man .. skyrim is 50% instead. Guess the sale is practically over for me. I hope Alan wake goes for 75% in the encore :( :( Kotor for $2.50 but I won't play it .. bleh! :(

16. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about as cheap as Skyrim will get Lucidus lol

Orcs Must Die is fantastic. There's Dead Island off the list! The other deals I either already have or don't care.

17. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Frozen Synapse is also fantastic if you like Jagged Alliance-esque games.

18. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    Hi Everybody,

My name is Must_Kill_Ati and I'm a steamaholic.

It all started with a free game with purchase of a videocard... needed steam to redeem. (the first one's free, duncha' know?). Then it progressed into a weekly purchase of super marked down games that I'd been watching forever, but not been willing to pay full price for.

I fought the demons for quite a while - purchases slowly started to become few and far between until I'd gone three months without even thinking about it. Then they suck me back in, the rat bastards!

Goodness, there are a TON of games cheap... I'm off the wagon. I've bought 15 games in the last 24 hours... and this damn event runs 8 more days. Someone wanna' mapquest the nearest plasma donation center for me? My steam downloads are going to keep me off the internet for days.

:)

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Heh .. and I started off with the free Portal 1 thing back in September 2011 :p

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    sh!t, Skyrim is worth the $60 and then some. Getting it for $30 is a steal. :nerd: