Steam Summer Sale 2011 Starts Today

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by IcE, Jun 30, 2011.

1. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    terraria has no options for pad in menus. but havent tryd using pad though

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    it wouldnt really work, you have to be able to place and destroy blocks not near your main character

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    idk COD7 Blackops 59.99€ on steam vs 50€ retail, same with other newer titles.. :3eyes:

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If its 100% the game companies setting the prices, and not Steam, then does that mean this isn't Steam discounting these games lol.

Valve are too much of big player in the DD market these days to not get a say in prices, and the more expensive the game, the higher their cut will be.

On the other hand, since most publishers also have deals with big retail outlets worldwide, digital downlaod services obviously can't price them out the market altogether, which means that for now retail will more often than not be the cheaper choice, especially in Europe.

5. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Usually steam prices are on par with physical copies or even less because you get to save that money of making the disk and all that crap.

And computer games that cost $60 instead of $50 just means the publisher is greedy. The only reason console games cost that is they have to pay $10 to the consoles. Computer games don't have that fee.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe in the US, but thats not the case in Europe, especially the UK.

Here, the average price of a new release retail PC game is £25 ($40) compared to £30-35 on Steam or other DD services, and most of the time that includes shipping.

Even Black Ops which is on sale on Steam at £30 ($48) (34€), can be found on GAME for £20 ($32) (23€) and as far as i know it uses Steamworks, so you should still get all the "benefits" of Steam anyway.

7. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Craaaaaaaaaaaap. Lost all my chances to buy any game on steam :(..... Daaaaaaaaaammmmmn it :bang:

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    yeah,....someone just gifted me Killing floor Full Bundle :)
    It had to be a gift so its UNCUT..hehe...

for 12 euro thats totaly ok...

is that zombie/monster slayer game good?

9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Killing Floor is fun with a full team! In single player it is good to practice on but the game shines with good players. Thank God it is not another deathmatch game.

10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    The id Software's super pack is superb at that price. If for one own more than half of the games in there but if I didn't I'd buy it in a heart beat.

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Does anyone have an extra copy of Half Life: Source (first one?) I never bought that since I had the original Half Life Platinum Pack but I found out a mod requires me to have this, even though I have all of HL2 + Garry's mod. And it seems I can't even buy it!

I can paypal you a couple of bux or gift you a cheapy game or DLC in return. PM me if you can.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @Valken - I managed to download Half-Life: Source and the two expansion packs just by entering the CD codes from my retail game into Steam around the time I also got Half-Life 2 on disc several years ago so you could try entering that and seeing if that allows you to download it.

13. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Yeah this explains it, was also looking to buy at less 75%

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/12/terraria-devs-explain-steam-sale-price-hike/

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @ Darren, thats how I registered HL Platinum - with the CD codes off the back of the case but did not ever let me get HL:S. I guess I'll wait for it to go on sale again but its weird a mod would require a few files from that game.

I really wish Black Mesa Source would hurry up and release!

@ Blesner - thanks for the info but I think STEAM should have popped out a message saying something like "Woops! We goofed! The price for Terrania should be 50% off and not 75% off! Sorry about that. If you still would like to purchase Terrania, click CONTINUE. Otherwise, click CANCEL to tell us to eff off." j/k about the eff off part. :D