steam keys

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes Steam is one .
    Use VPN and buy game from a different country.Argentina,Russia,Turkey,Brasil.

There are literally hundreds CD keys places .Places I used and never had a key revoked.
    Steam Argentina is my favorite - Steam Member since 22 November, 2003 on one account ,others listed below since 2011 on a quick check of one of my emails.

https://www.cdkeys.com/
    https://www.g2play.net/
    https://www.mtcgame.com/en-US/?utm_source=605532
    https://www.g2a.com
    https://www.kinguin.net/
    https://www.shopto.net/
    https://www.fanatical.com
    https://www.ebay.ca/

SpajdrEX, Bond!JamesBond! and warlord like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i think some of them are luck of the draw. i mean i bought from g2a years ago on a game got a key no issues. but then i read other people have keys that do not work etc.

a ton of CC fraud goes on around a bunch of these places maybe you got you got a legit reseller that got bundles of keys cheap, but some are fraudlent CC and etc buys.

so like most things most of the time your going to be ok, pay through PP or gmoney and you can dispute if there are any issues. ive refunded a few times when i did not like what terms some of these sites force on you, like giving them access to your steam account was one key site wanted an i told them they were out of there gdamn minds and to refund my money asap, i forget which that was kingun i want to say.

i suspect the fraud is overblown, but to be 100% gmg and humble are for sure since they also part industry sponsored and owned.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Not G2A... simply suggesting it is ridiculous.

scatman839 and TheDeeGee like this.

5. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Nope it is great for ridiculous discounts if you are lucky AND older games not for sale anymore.

For example, I gladly purchased the older forza horizon 2 and Motorsport 5, which games WERE NOT AVAILABLE in Microsoft Store for XBOX. So I am great, smart and completed my collection.

The same goes for older steam games, if you have a code, steam won't deny you.

But it is the last solution. I have had a fail ratio of 10% or 1 in 10 games/dlcs. (used key, etc)

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    G2A should be avoided.

scatman839 and TheDeeGee like this.
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Not only G2A. It is OK as a last resort if you can't find a game anywhere else accepting the risk. If you guys hate it so much you should place kinguin in the same pot. They are identical. Do not be racists. You can't hate a particular finger but love your hand at the same time. I do not see anyone mentioning anything bad about it. :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The only sites I use are greenmangaming and Humble Bundle.
    I don't trust any other key sites.

But G2A specially are untrustworthy and shady.

9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    G2A not used them in years after a bad key what never got resolved. Kinguin not touched since i had issues with them and had to get paypal involved.

cdkeys are quite good so far been using them alot lately customer supports good and they fixed an issue where one of my keys for Planetfall wasn't working in a few minutes.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    You can find quotes from game devs out there who would prefer it if you pirated the game rather than buy it from G2A, which seems to be operated by some Mafia-like, stolen credit card money laundering types.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Correct, based out of Hong Kong.

12. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Cheapdigitaldownloads browse all of that and gives you the best prices.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yep, i'll just repost what I posted last time regarding g2a and their scam/willingly hosting credit card theft.

14. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    G2A and similar websites should be avoided. i believe some developers would prefer
    piracy of their game over those type of websites.

edit* - sorry didn't notice you guys already posted what i just said :)

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    100% avoid G2A

The amount of sh*t surrounding them at the moment alone suggests they should be avoided at all cost.

I would also be wary about this suggestion as well given that Valve is the only company arrogant enough to fight a European ruling saying that region locking is illegal.

It's great in theory but I have no idea what would happen if you bought a game via a Russian IP and then accidentally logged in from Europe or America IP, would Steam lock the game down? The fact they are fighting it would suggest that it is a possibility?

As for myself

I exclusively use Greenmangaming, haven't bought a game directly from Steam in years.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I buy directly from Steam.
    But, they are the only service I've done so.

While I use Origin, UPlay and such... I've never bought a game directly from them. I either use sites like greenmangaming... or get them as gifts.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I've bought a lot of games from kinguin, mostly from sellers with lots of purchases and low negative fedback, and I never had any issues with keys., never bought extra key insurance.

Kinguin was friendly enough to refund a key from elder scrolls online, i thought I bought a key for the game , but it was a ingame currency key. And yeah they refunded it and gave me virtual credit back to buy something new.

The cheapest game was for sure mkx premium for 10e, lol steam still had it for 40-50e listed back then. Next game was cod infity warfare legacy edition, i think around 20-30e , steam 80e. XD

That said im happy with them, although lately they've raised ensurance key a lot, but like i said i never used it.. I would by something like av key or windows key though.

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I can not disagree with the G2A complaints but it has to be 7+years of using them(not sure exactly how long it has been,did not check all my emails for every account) and to this day ,no CD Keys have been revoked ,nor have i been scammed yet.
    Always good advice to not use suspicious vendors/ people ,I can stop using them no problem.

I buy most of all my game through Steam from different Countries and there is no problem with logging in on a North America IP with a European account.Now this has been true for years but sure looks like steam is trying to block this behavior.

Should Steam even be worried about this,sure they can loose a bigger cut of the money but is not some money better than no money from a sale.

Also may as well say ,any key can be rejected/revoked or you can be scammed from any CD key site including Steam,nothing is 100% safe.As the original question about legit places,I gave my opinion on what I have used without problems in the past and it still stands for me.I will never be buying a game again for $60-$150 when I can buy the same game cheaper somewhere else and play a game without using a crack.I also use crack's on legit games also or i have in the past for one reason or another.Especially the star force games where you got 3-5 activation's and then had to call the buggers and get more activation's.

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i use cdkeys.com quite cheap and theyre just sourcing keys from cheaper regions

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    When buying from grey market vendors, I suggest using a 3rd party host for your credit card, like Paypal. This way the vendor never sees your actual CC and personal info, and you have another avenue for refunds in case of non-working keys.

cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.