Steam gift and credit card info

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jackttt, Nov 19, 2010.

1. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    Hello, i got a simple question to ask you guys that i am not very sure.

i have gifted afew games to my cousin and all the game purchase are made by me through my credit card, now his account get hacked, will my credit card info that made the purchases stolen by the hacker? or the hacker will have no idea about my credit card info? i do store my CC info on my steam account which is not hacked.
    please reply . thanks

to clarify: all the games on his steam account are gifted from me, will he have any chances of the hacker getting my credit card detail?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Your credit card information is saved to your account only. None of it will be linked to his account in anyway.

3. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    thanks for the info, i am at least feel better now.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Yes, you are safe, tough makes me wonder if he gave his account info to someone or it got hacked without any warning...

Just wondering if I should change my password from secure to paranoid (longer, more capital letters + numbers).

5. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Unless your password is something easily guessable by those that know you, and there's someone you don't paticularly trust - I wouldn't worry about it. The majority of supposed 'account hacks' boil down to someone being keylogged.

As long as you keep your computer clean and are careful about what you click/download you should be just fine.