Steam Deck

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by allesclar, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Its fun for a little while then you throw it away and get to your pc. :p

serbicu likes this.
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Did you know the Steam Deck is a PC as well? ;)

I've really been enjoying playing my games on the go on the Steam Deck. Most work surprisingly well and even look good. I haven't installed Windows 11 on it yet, I'll give it a shot once the Audio drivers are released to see if I like it better than Steam OS.

I prefer gaming on my Desktop, of course (I don't throw the Steam Deck away when I do, however, it might break!), but when that isn't possible, it's a wonderful little device that packs a lot of power for the form factor, I prefer it a lot over my Switch OLED.

Undying likes this.
  3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    sold mines within a few days, was never going to use it, work at home most the week so my pc is just over there

got an rtx 3080 from it i'll use far more

Undying and serbicu like this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Actually I also canceled my preorder that I’ve made last year, maybe I will pick this up later, or some second revision of the device with a better screen too.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Espionage724 likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    The way utility bills are going through the roof at this time, the steam deck may just be the cheapest way to use your steam account now, away from your costly desktop.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 XC
    I'm surprised this wasn't available day-one; even in 2022 Linux gaming is still inconsistent. DJMAX Respect is the only notable game I've seen get updated for Deck support (the Xincode3 anti-cheat), and surprisingly both Halo MCC and Infinite aren't playable (Infinite not at all, MCC only with EAC disabled). A few hours ago I had to figure out why Dota 2 wasn't using Vulkan, and it turns out 64-bit Vulkan libraries didn't get auto-installed. AoE2 DE can't sign into Live as the Sign-in button doesn't do anything (MS's fault, although it's odd they have a different implementation for the same log-in flow with MCC that works fine with Wine).

I dove into Linux and gaming shortly after Windows 10 came out, generally know what to expect, and probably would have tried to install Windows on Deck with a day or two of messing with it :p I like tossing game set-ups together on my desktop (like this fun recipe for D2R with DLSS), but couldn't imagine doing that and testing it from Deck, repeatedly. Most games I play don't just install and run as-is.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I just pre orderd it again, i was waiting for the dock and grabbing both at the same time, but to hell with it, just grab the deck and get the dock when it appears. Ha

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    so you gotta wait like more than a year to get it ? 2023 mid year if lucky. You should have not cancelled it in the first place :) , I also kinda regret canceling mine, I should have got it like 2nd quarter this year lol.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^ Yeah i should have just left it, but lesson learned, i will just leave this one standing, and no doubt the dock will be out before i get the deck. Lol

serbicu likes this.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Can't find it here in Turkey yet. I will be visiting UK next month. But can't see a store that sells it. How can I buy it while in London while I stay there for a week. Only online order?

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Mr.Bigtime likes this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I don't think i would be happy spending that amount on a second hand model, but have you tried reserving now on steam, the next batch are due for release in October, so there might still be time to get your order in.

Mr.Bigtime likes this.
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hey man. Yeah that sounds only option. Thanks.

How you doing my friend? Hope things are good. Seam not letting me making a reserve from here.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Amazon have collection lockers but I wouldn't recommend it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/privacyprefs/retail/v1/acceptall

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Oh damn, well take some heed that here in a country were you can reserve one, actually getting one is a waiting game of epic proportions, with some stating that the next batch due in October will still not be enough to fill reserves for people expecting it in October, so i might not actually get one until next year.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    New just released by Valve......
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675200/view/3413183219974913051

So basically if you have a reservation in now for a Q3 you will get your deck before the end of Septermber, and everyone else will be moved up to Q4 so that will take them up to Dec 2022 to get their deck, so no one now waiting into 2023 for a deck. :D

Cave Waverider likes this.