Steam connection problems

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by kgb714, Jun 20, 2009.

1. kgb714

kgb714 Guest

For the most part of last week and this week I've had trouble connecting to steam. A few times deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file helped but not anymore so I decided to do a clean install including removing everything steam related from the registry.

But now when I launch steam it brings up the updating box then the following error shortly after...

I tried looking for the file Steam.dll and placing it in my steam folder but then another error comes up...

I tried using steam support but they weren't much help. They didn't do much besides forward me some links to troubleshooting FAQs.
    Steam was working fine then all of a sudden it just started acting up. I didn't install any new programs. I've done spyware/virus/malware and e.t.c checks and all is clear.
    I haven't tampered with any system settings so i don't understand why Steam starts acting up. Windows firewall is disabled and the only other protection I have installed is Nod32. I tried disabling its protection but that didnt help either.

It's sad that I need some buggy program to run games I paid for and have the CD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
  2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

Uninstall and reinstall Steam. Sounds like a standard software corruption.

deltatux

3. kgb714

kgb714 Guest

I tried reinstalling several times and rather randomly steam started to update but that's no the end of the problems. It now updates up to 5% and stays there. I left it overnight and to my surprise it was still at 5% when I woke up :(

4. deltatux

deltatux Guest

oh, the 5% issue. Try to find the exe version of the Steam installer off the Internet...

That or reinstall Windows.

deltatux