Steam 2020 Summer Sale Has Started

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It is summer again and that means Steam's summer sale is in effect, offering discounts on thousands of games between now and July 9th. They are also offering an additional $5.00 discount on a purchas...

Steam 2020 Summer Sale Has Started

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Thanks for the heads up boss.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    dark_surge likes this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

dark_surge likes this.
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Time to stock up on racing dlc (every game is a jigsaw puzzle), visual novels and indie games.

dark_surge likes this.

5. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Maybe it's just me, but steam sales seem to get worse and worse every year... There are a few great sales but they've been on a good sale for years now.

Quite a lot of games on my wish list that aren't even on discount and when they are it's 10-20% off which isn't worth looking at.

That said liking the new profile changes and this point shop, heard it is going to be a permanent feature? If so that will be nice

dark_surge likes this.
  6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So last year I didn't feel it was a strong summer sale.

But now I looked at the games for this year, and damn....

Thunk_It and dark_surge like this.
  7. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I only have two games on my wish list and both are on sale, just not enough for me to purchase them, unfortunately.

The two games are Planet Zoo and Boneworks, in case anyone has any opinions on them.

Aside from that I have 23,009 "summer sale" points that I've used some of to buy some cool profile backgrounds and emoticons. Does anyone know if a person can use them for game discounts as well?

8. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    The sad moment when you realize you don't want to play any of these games, even if they were for free.

HandR and dark_surge like this.
  9. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Yeah, I've already bought just about everything I want. My backlog is so deep with unplayed games, I couldn't justify buying some of the newer stuff for $30, just for it to sit on my backlog along side those other games.

I just need to make more time to play through what I have already.

G*addict, Thunk_It and dark_surge like this.
  10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This is due to people complaining about daily sales, people wanting the option to refund games, among many other things people complained and valve listened to.

People thought they were doing good, but the reality is, all that happened is we lost the great sales we use to have, but, "yay, i can refund...." And "yay, i didnt miss out on a super sale because i didnt log on for a day...."

11. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I'm definitely in the same situation. Nevertheless I still got pulled into buying 2 more games - the sale price was just too good to pass up. :rolleyes:

12. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unsure of the damage losing the daily sales did, but the refund must have hurt. Think some of the worse stuff is i've been into more retro/older games and some of them arent even on sale

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    All i can say is i remember the last holiday that had daily sales. Forums on steam were filled with pissed off people because they bought a game at 40% off not knowing it would be 75% off in a few days. Ever since that last one, most sales, holiday or otherwise, have looked mostly the same, just without more steeper discounted daily sales. Then came refunds, and now only decent sale items are usually indie games, old games, and once in the blue moon, a more recent, big title.

Personally i don't buy from steam much anymore directly, mostly humble bundle or green man gaming and activate on steam. Seems there are usually better deals there.

G*addict and Solfaur like this.
  14. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    isthereanydeal.com really killed the Steam Sale for me. Add items to your wishlist, pick the stores your're willing to buy keys from, set the price you want to pay and forget it. Random emails will come in letting you know when a game has hit the price point you were willing to pay. Buy games at their lowest prices.

This is why I have so many games in my backlog. Not sure if that's a positive or negative... o_O

Noisiv and Maddness like this.
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Got:

Portal
    Portal 2
    Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

For a total of €5,88

Corbus, Noisiv and Maddness like this.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Picked up Wreckfest via GMG, cheaper than the Steam sale version, and loving the game.

Noisiv likes this.
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Bought the Assassins Creed Chronicles Trilogy for $7. Great value.

If you haven't played Chronicles, but are a fan of sideways 2.5 games with stealth and puzzles, this is worth considering.

It's also wonderfully drawn, with lots of pastels and earthy tones.

[​IMG]

18. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    i personally dont feel it got worse, it just same
    But i do have less interest on those sales... imo simply because they keep repeating the same sale
    so in some sense it loss the "limited-sale" value
    missed this sales, well i can wait for publisher sale, or weekend sale... most likely the sale return before next seasonal sales, especially for more than a year old games

more over people library keep growing, and already bought some stuff
    while new-release seems not getting discount (or discount is to low)

They should give bump (like extra 5~10% off) but i think not easy
    i mean they cant keep bumping extra % off every each sales-event, dont they ?

19. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Good idea,always wanted to try deserts of kharak. Can't wait for homeworld 3 though.

20. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I like this summer sale, it's simple and to the point. People who like more arcade like summer sales, might miss the fun they had.

dark_surge likes this.