Status update on XFX 7 series (may surprise you)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by spiffypants, Jun 23, 2006.

1. spiffypants

spiffypants Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB w/24" Dell LCD ;p
    I just got a correspondence from XFX on my RMA.

"Dear (Spiffypants), We got word from Nvidia, we should be getting 7900GTX cards in about a week and a half to two weeks that are 100 free of the issue that has plagued some of these cards. If your willing to wait untill we have the new cards in stock we can guarentee that your returned card will not have any of these issues. Also it is my understanding that we will crosshipping overnighting the new problem free cards as soon as we have them. Best Regards, Erik"

Seems XFX is taking a page out of eVGA's book on the crossship. Good for them.

2. dbunder

dbunder Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8600GT
    best news ever!!!!

3. Pens1566

Pens1566 Active Member

GPU:
    7800GTX KO/9600XT/6800go
    So much for the BIOS fix, eh?

4. AstonM

AstonM Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850
    Great, 2 more weeks to go.(sarcasm). At least theres a fix coming.

5. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Supposedly there's a fix. We wont know until 2-3 weeks from now will we?

6. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    XFX are getting popular here as well. Nice to see them do this.

7. BEready

BEready Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GT
    Already posted here bc of another problem nothing related with artifacts or stuttering, bsod's etc.

Actually the card works very good even overclocked, only problem now is a Nvidia driver problem (I hope).

My first card I just went back to the store and they replaced it directly with another card, so I think this is a very good support so you don't have to buy another card as replacement.

Anyway I hope they will fix those bugs !!!

For the moment just reading the forums for a solution for the related problems, I hope also XFX looking for solutions bc I guess for them they lost a lot of $$$ with making bad cards.

8. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
    My pair of 2 week old XFX 7900GT overclock (520/1550) cards have bitten the dust this week :( Initially I was under the impression it was an IRQ conflick but they are now getting the flashing/blanking and extended black jaggy lines in the 3DMark suite, HL2 & Painkiller. I tried reformatting today and it seems all I managed to do is make it worse.

I'm taking them back to the store tomorrow for either replacements or a 7950 GTX2 if I can't be assured the new cards will work propery.