1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Statistics server not showing up

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by IronFixXxeR, May 9, 2009.

1. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    I have been using RivaTuner to monitor my FPS and display it on my G15 keyboard and it works great. I have to activate the statistics server each time I turn my computer on for this to work. I've searched and looked at guides and they all show a little icon should appear in the taskbar once the server is started but I get no icon there. I need this because I can not get to the settings of the statistics server to start it up with windows! Is there some option that I may have turned off that isn't letting it show up on my taskbar?

RivaTuner v2.24
    Windows Vista Home 64
    Background hardware monitoring is turned on

2. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    If you open the RTSS (not RT), the first option at the top is to start with Windows. Did you slide that on?

3. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    That's the problem. I can't get to the statistics server window! Is there another way to open it besides the icon in the taskbar which I do not have?

4. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    You can open it from the start menu, the .exe itself or the RT Hdw Mon interface. It opens to the systray by default (looks like RT icon with a green overlay), then you can click that to open it and set it to start with Windows. Also, make sure you minimize it (down arrow) and not close it (X) to send it back to the systray.

5. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    Oh wow didn't know it had its own .exe. When I try to open it nothing happens :(. Guess I will try to reinstall.

Edit: Reinstalled but kept my old settings as if I was updating to a newer version and still the same problem. Might have to do clean install.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  6. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    You can also open a command prompt and run:

"C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.24\Tools\RTSS\RTSSWrapper.exe" /s

7. IronFixXxeR

IronFixXxeR New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 896MB
    Ok, had to modify my path but tried the command prompt and still nothing. I've tried to run as administrator too and still nothing. Doing complete reinstall now.

Edit: Did clean install and still does not let me get into the statistics server! Sigh... Not a HUGE deal but the more automation the better. I can still go in and manually turn it on each time like I have been. :\ Thanks for the help Stangowner.

Edit again: Think an old nvidia driver could cause this? I'm still using something like 180.xx.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  8. ac2009

ac2009 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
    I can't access RTSS either

I also have Vista 64bit and when I launch the RivaTuner Statistics Server I don't get a system tray icon either.

I can see it running in Task Manager, but there is no way to configure it and I would like to setup my FPS.

Maybe this is an issue with Vista 64bit?

9. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but instead of opening the new one I will ask here.

I have a problem with RTSS, saying it's running for the whole time but I can't open the UI, neither I can close it via task manager, as it's .exe just pops right back in each time I terminate it.

I also tried to reinstall but I can't since it says it's already running.

Idk what to do, restart doesn't help, as the app starts with PC each time, and I simply dont have access to the UI, to do the things I need to do.

Please share some advice here guys, as I am going nuts over here.

10. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Go into control panel >programs and features>uninstall Rivatuner Statistics Server. Reboot.

You added things to be monitored therefore RTSS will run no matter. Suggest reading document that came with the download.

11. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    I tried it already, but it just says that the program is currently running and therefore it cannot be uninstalled.

But I discovered a way to workaround it somehow.

If you close the MSI Afterburner, and then try to launch the RTSS, it immediately opens it along with UI. So I solved my issue like that.