Starting not to like eVGA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sava700, May 3, 2011.

1. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Just step back, and breathe, it will be ok. Its more a let down than anything. I know how that feels, we all do. I have been using EVGA motherboards since the 680I series, and never had any issues. You got a great product on the way to you.

2. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Wow.. I have the same issue on CoD: Black Ops. I recently formatted my computer and installed 270.61 - it has to be the driver.

3. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    see this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=343948

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    evga doesnt handle the rebates. a 3rd party company does it. so not evga's fault. normally with any rebate, they wont even process it until after a rebate has ended.

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    No wasn't the driver.. I'm on the new card now and it's working fine with the current WHQL driver which was installed on the last card twice. I've been working and messing with comps long enough to know when hardware is failing ;)

But yeah as I post I'm on the new card guys and I've been putting the new card through hell to stress it as much as I can to ensure I don't have another lame duck here. I'm running Crysis2 more so trying to finish the game which I was on it and going through things slowly for about 2 hours last night with no issues. But, eVGA still has a bad mark in my book for the time being as I've NEVER had a bad card from BFG or XFX and certainly miss them. ASUS was the next or equal choice of cards since their mother boards have never gave me issues but the eVGA card was more powerful for the price.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Sava, my GTX280 is my first graphics card ever to fail, and I didn't even OC it.

And now they are sending me another GTX280...when there are multiple people on their forums with GTX280's failing, and they have received up to 7 RMA GTX280's and none have worked.

EVGA is really starting to frustrate me...

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    give them a chance to get the card out to you if it does not work then get pissed lol

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well Cowie, it's already been solved. One of their employees personally contacted me and said he changed the part number so I would -not- be getting a GTX280. He hasn't told me what I'll be getting, but it will at least have equal performance, so I am happy.

9. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    After a lot of research I went with MSI for my 580. From all the reviews it looked the most promising. But will see when it gets to me.

Cheers

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    285 i bet or 470? keep us posted :)

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    A 470. I was really hoping for a 560 though :p

Same price, better performance, lower power consumption and temps...however, after getting a 50% upgrade in speed...I don't think I could casually go "Lol, well yeah, but you know the 560 is the same price and all around better" :p

So I'm quite happy, a 470 is still a huge upgrade from a 280.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I`m betting you get a 460. Isnt that around a 280/285?

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    nice little upgrade dx11 too!
    good luck with it

15. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 560 Ti - 1010/2020
    I like their step-up program. I had a 8800GT that had heating problems and stepped up to a dual slot one that had better fan. Now I go for vid cards that have better fans, or 2 fans. /praise my Gigabyte one lol.

16. skigeno

skigeno Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 470 1280 mb
    I just went through a DOA 470 card from EVGA. After a month of trouble shooting I determined it was a faulty card. Called EVGA tech support told the guy what was going on and he said submit a RMA for it. After I submitted the RMA mailed it to them and they replaced it. All in about 7 working days. Great people over there.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, they are taking forever.

My shipment is starting they said and won't be here til next Monday, so slow ~ lol.

Oh well, new card, and all it cost me was 13$ in shipping!

18. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    Once, my old mobo from MSI died before one year of usage. I contacted MSI and got great online support, and the board was replaced. With that experience I became a MSI fan. After that I bought two more mobos and a VGA from MSI.

When I bought Digital Alliance 9600GT, I got a dead card right from the box. Took it back to the store, got a new one. No hard feeling to the company. Two years later I bought GTX460 from the same manufacturer, simply because they offer the best price. The 9600GT is still running fine as physx card, and the GTX 460 is great.

Four or five years ago I bought a GeCube X1600XT. I sent an email to the manufacturer asking about some features of the card (AVIVO or something). The company never replied my email. Bad experience, never buy anything from that company again. The card is still alive and my nephew is using it in his computer, btw.

So for me, costumer service is what matter. Failed product is common and can happen anytime to anyone.

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Like the others said.... can't say a company isn't that great because of a failed card. I mean hell.... if that's the case, then Intel flat out SUCKS, since they had that massive issue with the latest chipsets. Things happen... whether you unknowingly cause them or not..... or whether or not a piece of hardware was checked from head to toe before being packaged. All it could take is a faulty solder point... not enough solder... Or not even considering that, With the amount of components soldered onto a PCB these days, it wouldn't be surprising for there to be the possibility of a faulty component. It's not something that can be easily checked. That's why a lot of companies have nice warranties. I, for one, would trust eVGA over the majority. I've never had an issue with their support. I love the idea of the Step-Up program as well as the Advanced RMA program. I've already had a card for a bit passed the 90-days possible to step-up, and after contacting their support staff, they still let me do it.

Newegg has a fantastic support staff as well... but a faulty card should never be a negative strike against the manufacturer. Faulty product LINE... maybe a tiny strike against Intel.... but hey, when they issued a recall for all affected products and replaced an already brand-new board with a revised version of that very same board, at absolutely no cost to the owner..... who can complain?

20. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    The ****? Really nice upgrade indeed! :banana: