StarStorm 52.16 Driver's Released!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Xaero001, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Well I think a guy with the skills Humas has does not need to put down anyone, and I stand by what I said, there is no valid reason to put down a guy for putting out free tweaked drivers.

2. MiSerYsEcHo

MiSerYsEcHo Guest

3. donk

donk Guest

interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2003
  4. MiSerYsEcHo

MiSerYsEcHo Guest

The 52.16's are perfect:)

5. donk

donk Guest

i agree... what i found interesting is if humus would actually work on the drivers himself and deliver a free product.

6. MiSerYsEcHo

MiSerYsEcHo Guest

He does deliver a free product. Go to his web page and download some of his free handcrafted demos that he made for people to enjoy.

7. donk

donk Guest

nice demos.

8. Humus

Humus Guest

1. When I see misinformation, I correct it. It doesn't matter what GPU I or others own.

2. It makes it a poor replacement for a tweaker for the computer illiterate. Everything you can do with .inf editing can be done with a normal tweaker util, like RivaTuner, and much safer, though tweaking is never safe, but it's a lot better than installing modded drivers from some random d00d on the internet. The only thing modded drivers does for you is setting a number of tweaks, instead of letting you decide yourself what tweaks you think are good. A profile to a tweaker is a much better solution.

3. Demos, demos and demos. Spending lots of time contributing on several developer and enduser forums.

4. I don't. I fill in the holes of information that's obvious in this thread. People seem to think that he did a lot more work than he did. Assembling a set of modded drivers is a fairly quick task. It seems the vast majority of the people in this thread simply don't know much about graphics, which is ok, but then it should be more than ok to provide the knowledge other people lack.

9. Humus

Humus Guest

I began writing demos and sharing them because I thought it was cool. People liked them, so I continued. I believe a lot in sharing work for common good. Over the years I became skilled enough for people at ATi and nVidia to offer me job, and I have worked at ATI for a while then. Of course when I'm offered job at an IHV I'm going to accept it. But that doesn't make the purpose of writing demos to make money. I never had a thought of working at any IHV or making money when I began coding demos.

Because I can't. Just like no modder-d00d can. The driver team at Nvidia can, and you should ask them to fix their drivers, not mr h4x0r on da net. You can't write drivers without having the hardware specification, which is highly secret IP that nVidia aint going to give out to anyone. And that's the whole reason why modded drivers is a farce. I'm not attacking anyone in person, I'm attacking a misconception of what modded drivers are and what they can do.

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    yo humus.... Can you make a demo that takes advantage of mixed precision code of the NV3x hardware?

11. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Fair enough Humas , nice work cool demo's :cool:

12. CaNNoN

CaNNoN Guest

help installing

hey guys. kinda new to this stuff.

i got the latest nvidia drivers from their webpage. i want to install the starstorm drivers but i dont really know how. i go to device manager like i read erlier in the forum. i go to update driver and i browse to where i downloaded and unzipped the starstorm drivers. i go to install them and it says it cannot install the drivers. could anyone please write me a little guide to install these drivers. i hear a lot of good about them and i am really wantoing to try them out. thanks.

here are my specs.
    Athlon 64 3200+
    asus motherboard
    1 GB PC400 DDR
    GeForce FX 5600 Ultra

13. s}{aggy

s}{aggy Member

GPU:
    GTX 285
    I have a problem with these drivers and CS...on the map cbble when im running looking at the walls it looks like there are 1000000 pixles moving all around.....

is it that these driver are that good to bring out that detail that no other driver can....or is something wrong???

plz run cs and that map and lemme know your findings.

other than that these drivers kick ass in
    max payne 2 SWG ALice

14. Humus

Humus Guest

That's the exact reason why forcing LOD -15 (like these drivers do) is a bad thing.

15. s}{aggy

s}{aggy Member

GPU:
    GTX 285
    ahh ty ty for the reply..

looks like ill change driver set if i want to play CS

thx again

16. mdun6

mdun6 Member

GPU:
    Evga 7900gt
    Well I tried these drivers and they look really good except for the fact I'm still having the same problem with bf1942 and dc as I did with the certified Nvidia drivers. I guess I'll have to wait till Nvidia fixes this problem unless you guys know about something I don't I also can't believe all the complaining about Nvidia, They usually do a really good job for us. If you really want to have problems upgrading a driver go buy an ati vidio card..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  17. Rocky113

Rocky113 Guest

Star storm runs fine for me. Just DC has the rendering problem and what not.

18. suckahp

suckahp Guest

WHICH ONE to download

Hey guys, which one do you guys recommend to download !

StarStorm 52.16x: (Quality with performance boost)
    or
    StarStorm 52.16XQ: (XtreamQuality with maybe a performance hit)

Which one run better or less error on games?

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    X first.. if you want higher quality XQ

20. Undertaker2

Undertaker2 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward Bliss 7800 GS+ (G71-chip)
    I must say that the performance if 52.16 whql on my system is better than the starstorm 52.16x-performance.
    I cleared all files and installed starstorm. An did some benches. And reinstalled the whql...

How can Xearo make drivers good for FX-line if he has a GF4 ?