StarStorm 45.23x drivers released with new features!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xaero001, Aug 14, 2003.

1. keenrw

keenrw Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 7600 GT 580/750
    Do these work with Win 98 se ? if so whats the link please ?

Rich

2. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    No they are not working,they are for 2k/xp
    The links are on the first page

3. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

I have also released the Performance drivers in a different thread for those of you who wanted them.

4. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

5. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hello Xaero001,

I using your drivers and they are very impressive. I deeply appreciate your hard work and effort to give us the benefits of visual pleasure with our games.

I'm sending you this private message because I wanted to ask you about an error I get when I try to change my refresh rate through the refresh rate overrides option.

"An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:WINNT\system32\desk.cpl".

I did search the forum and found different solutions but none of them worked for me. I can change my refresh rate through the monitor tab and select my Vsych to be enabled in Direct3d and OpenGL. My games are synched and everything looks amazing. I am troubled by this error and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions in regards to solving the problem.

The previous drivers I used were the 44.67's. I uninstalled them, rebooted, used Driver Cleaner to delete the remaining files, rebooted, installed your drivers and rebooted. During my troubleshooting process I uninstalled your drivers and reinstalled the 44.67 dets and there was no longer an error occuring when I tried to change refresh rates through the refresh rate override option. I reinstalled your drivers (the quality set 45.23's) and the error reappeared. Everything else is working properly, the visuals are astounding, but i want to fix this error.

Can you please help me?

Thank you for understanding. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  6. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    Err...........No longer a private message....lol :D

7. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    LOL thats what i was thinking when I saw it :p

8. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    Is there anyone out there in Guru land that can help?

9. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Wait so you can change ur refresh rate when using your comp for non-2d 3d things and 2d 3d games? If so why are you using the refresh rate override? I'm confused why?

10. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    It's not that I'm using the refresh override, I'm not. I'm just curious as to why the error comes about when I alter settings through that option? I was able to alter all options with the 44.67 dets and previous dets. The 45.23 and 45.24 dets give me the error.

I've done alot of reading about this error and I'm going to try a few more options. Any added information you could give would be great.

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac1070Mini 2Ghz+
    where did you post the thread that's for the performance 45.23??!?!?!?

want to download your drivers!!! they rule!
    Image quality went thru the roof, at the expense of a weeee less FPS
    3Dmark score actually went up

12. Bing

Bing Guest

TheDigitalJedi - Check your monitor. You might be trying to use settings which are not supported. My Samsung SnycMaster 955DF will let me know right away when I try to do this, but not all monitors will do that.

You can also override the DriectDraw refresh setting in DXDiag, under the "More Help" tab. I find that when I don't do this, there are any number of ways the rate is forced to drop back to 60 Hz - not good. I set the override at 75 Hz via DXDiag and everything is OK.

Bing

13. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    Hello all,

LOLZ! Everyone seems to be misunderstanding my post. Let me clarify that nothing is wrong with my visuals or refresh rate. Everything is fine with the exception of the desk.cpl error I receive when I toggle with the refresh rate override options. I also want to clarify that I do not use the override options......I just want to know why the error is there. That's all.

My visuals are fine and my gaming is excellent. I just want to get rid of the error. I'm not looking for an alternative way to change my refresh rates. My refresh rates are fine. I play at 100 Hertz.

I appreciate the responses but they do not pertain to my situation. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the newest Dets may have a compatibility problem with Win2000 Pro. Don't quote me on that.....I'm still troubleshooting.

14. maXXspeed

maXXspeed Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600 GT
    where can we get the (performance) 45.23xp drivers.
    i cant seem to find the thread with the link to them.
    thanks for everyones time.

maXX

15. StitcheS

StitcheS Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce7 7900GTX PCI-e
    The Link!

That should take you too them!

16. maXXspeed

maXXspeed Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600 GT
    thank you for the link Stitches.
    have a great weekend.

maXX

17. StitcheS

StitcheS Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce7 7900GTX PCI-e
    No prob, man! Rock on!

18. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    woooooot this drivers own kick ass keepers always best ever looking fawking drivers ever saw omg @ bf1942 lol and madden2004 players look more sharper and clear TYVM man for ur hard work it really does pay off and kicks ass :) good work once more :p

19. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    guru3d should have posted these drivers in order to support them in their servers

20. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    woo just noticed using flightsim2002 since fs2004 looks crappy some buildings are missing like some have disappeared but anyways the fuselage looks unbelieveable again ur drivers are kick ass in ut2k3 and bf1942 with DC mod u fawkin own man wish there was more ppl like u "working for nvidia" :p vgw again i love these drivers :)!!!! best quality drivers ever made

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003