StarStorm 45.23x drivers released with new features!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xaero001, Aug 14, 2003.

1. serAph

serAph Guest

have someone help you design a wizard. Then you could package your performance and your quality drivers together. The wizard could let one choose all the driver pages they want, quality or performance, and combined/split d3d/ogl quality pages.

eh? eh? good idea or what?

2. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Sounds like a good idea but will take tons of time I don't have. Sorry

3. serAph

serAph Guest

eh, wizards are ridiculously easy to make. I say try grabbing someone in the coders forum here @ guru.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    WOW, these drivers rock. Thank you SO MUCH!!

5. keenrw

keenrw Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 7600 GT 580/750
    Do thay work on Win 98 ? if so can you let me know the link please .

Thanks
    Richard

6. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is it a good idea to use the NV Hardpage utility with the Starstorm Drivers? I love the way NV Hardpage increases the image quality of the 44.67 dets. I'm hearing so many good things about the starstorm drivers but as of right now, my games look perfect.

Do you recommend using utilities like NV Hardpage with your drivers?

7. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    It'd be cool to see some screenshots comparing the IQ of the official set to the IQ of the starstorm but,I guess it ain't gonna happen.The last starstorm set made all my games crash and my system reboot.And,I'd like to know how people can get better performance from higher quality settings?It smells like bull**** to me.

8. ataxy

ataxy Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 275 1gb
    well i guess that bull**** smells pretty good on my comp

9. Gareth Clark

Gareth Clark New Member

Just like to add my contribution to this thread - these Starstorm drivers look *great* and I haven't noticed any real-world degradation in performance.

Nice work. How on earth did you do it? :p

10. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    :flip: @ataxy.
    I'm alittle skeptical about the performance increase thing,it just doesn't make sence.But,I'm not really worried about performance or I would be using the 30.82's or something w/ less IQ...As long as I get 50-60fps in the games I play the more quality the better.

11. Bondolus

Bondolus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 3600 512mb
    i tested out the drivers and they actually looked worse from the settings i used with the 43.03 + Rivatuner , so far thats the best combo i have with suberb IQ & performance

12. WolfensteinAR

WolfensteinAR Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia 512MB Quadro 3500M
    Performance wise...........

the StarStorm 45.23x drivers sucked hard on my machine. My FPS dropped at least 10-20 FPS across the board, in comparision to Omega 43.45s, the best damned performance-wise drivers ever. :)

13. StitcheS

StitcheS Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce7 7900GTX PCI-e
    Remember, these are QUALITY DRIVERS. LOL

The Performance ones will probably rock harsh!

14. VEGETTO

VEGETTO Guest

i can't wait to get te performance starstorm drivers, they would be awesome (i hope :))

15. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    I like these drivers I dont care anymore about benchies I am back in school and have little time as it is and I like seeing the details in the games, they run very well for me, I will give the performance set a go when they come out.

Good work :)

16. Psychosematic

Psychosematic Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX 570 @ 800/1600/2000
    Just my two cents... the new interface options are all dumb and worthless. But thanks for the effort.

17. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    Yeah thanks for your help,we really needed that 2 cents:rolleyes:

18. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Of course we love the amount of time and effort you put into your tweaked set of drivers that your giving out for anyone that wants them free of charge ..... oh wait your not doing anything of the sort ...... figures

19. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Just a little idea , wouldnt it be a bit better to tweak some older drivers 3x.xx for us people with older cards. It just seems that by making these drivers only the people with more modern cards are seeing the perfomance gain ( with the latest performance ones) and this is pretty useless unless ur some real freak who wants thier games to run at very very high frames rates.

Id do it myself but i havnt got the time :(

Hope this is a good suggestion and i decided to post it here becuase it looks to be the most active starstorm thread at the moment

20. serAph

serAph Guest

i wouldnt bother with 3x.xx unless you have a GeForce2, but there are plenty of tweaked 4x.xx drivers that cater to older cards like 3's and 4's. Try http://www.omegacorner.com