StarStorm 45.23x drivers released with new features!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Xaero001, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Pet1

Pet1 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce FX 5600 256mg
    These Drivers are pretty good.

I have used the previous startstorm quality drivers and was happy with those. Now that you have released these they are even better. Despite what people say about only making changes that can be done by ourselves by simply going to the nvdia tab, these drivers are nice. Plus, who cares, it's one less step for us to adjust the settings. I have a geforce fx 5600 and these are the first drivers I have came accross that allows me to enable sba. I have tried many other drivers of all releases and when I check off sba it just wouldn't stick. Although in order for sba to stay enabled when rebooting I had to hack the registry by adding the Dword value of 1 to Enableagpsba. I had to add this dword myself in the video driver's registry values. This is what I had to do for my old geforce 2 gts. Either way. I have sba enabled now and these drivers seem nice. If anyone else has an easier way of enabling sba please let me know.

2. keenrw

keenrw Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 7600 GT 580/750
    Hi

These sound like a great set of driver and i would like to give them ago but i only have Win 98 se , do these work on 98? if if so whats the like to the W98 ones please ? .
    One other thing ....didnt the chap that made the Omegas get a bit of stick from Nvidia about altering the drivers and hes had to stop making them ? if so be carefull.

Richard Keen

3. Sproket

Sproket Guest

I have a new webserver and have 65gig of Tranfer left, let me know if you Need a Host!
    email me:
    sproket@prowestfilms.com

4. serAph

serAph Guest

@Xaero: what settings would you recommend not touching? Is it ok to bump up Aniso? BTW: Top notch quality!

5. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Change what settings you like they should not harm my settings untill i release my xp "performance" drivers then the settings need to stay the same.

6. lagrafx

lagrafx Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX 5200
    Xaero

I use stero for some games.

what stereo drivers would you recommend putting on top of your drivers?

or will that mess things up?

7. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GeForce 6 6600 128MB, 128 b
    I'm waiting for the StarStorm 45.23 permormance drivers.....how long will it take, till they come out???

The quality drivers are VERY GOOD, but my little, kiddy, GF 5200 wasnt made for..."quality things" ya know...lololol

More performance please....:D :D

8. serAph

serAph Guest

hehe I lost about 900 points in 3DMark01, but my quality is *so* much better.

9. SYSCLoK

SYSCLoK Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GeForce 6 6600 128MB, 128 b
    Humm....i've won 114 3dmarks in 3d Mark 03, with the "quality drivers"

My total is 1614 3dmarks (with 3d mark 2003)!

But some games stay more slower than the usual....lololol
    Like Colin mcrae 3.....stays somehow a little slow...nothing special, but for me evry FPS are precious....:p :p

But my PC can handle VERY well Colin 3!:D

And UT2003 at max detail, 1024x768 32, with 14 bots!:O
    No slow downs!

Mate...i just want performance drivers, just to get some FPS....nothing special. (I WISH I HAD YOUR GF 5900!))

;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2003
  10. serAph

serAph Guest

eh. Im kinda wishin I had a 9800 right now what with bilinear filtering stuck on on everything worth playing nowadays. As soon as nVidia takes that cheating crap out, the quality'll be right nice and I'll be happy with my card.

11. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    actually, the cheat only works in 3dMark2001, 3dMark2003 and Unreal Tournament 2003 Bench's.

It has nothing to do w/ quality you get in games.

12. serAph

serAph Guest

sure does. In UT2K3, it turns off Trilinear filtering (forcing bilinear filtering). heed this thread.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16763

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2003
  13. kondik

kondik Guest

Hey i have FX 5200 128MB too and my score in 2003 is something about 2000 and i have slower CPU. How is that possible? My GPU is from SPARKLE

14. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    3dmark03 only benches GPU, no cpu.. saw a comparison between benches from at P 450mhz and a P 2,4ghz and the difference was a round 100 points..

i dont trust 3dmark03 much..

15. serAph

serAph Guest

on top of that, only 1 test is dx9. on top of THAT its ugly. on top of THAAAT, it doesnt render the same way games do.

16. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    true!i'm really really looking forward to aquamark3 being available to public!

17. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Wait I wanna know what you guys what me to do cause there have been some complaints about this. Do you like having the Aniso settings in D3D and OGL tabs or do you want the original interface where you change D3D and OGL together and are able to use AGP 8x, 6xS and things like that? I make drivers for the people post opinions and I will try and get the chnages into my drivers if I am able to do it.

18. serAph

serAph Guest

i honestly like them seperated so that I can make my OpenGL stuff look as good as my Direct3D stuff. OpenGL is naturally always a lil bit faster on nVidia cards anyway and can support better filtering settings. Plus it makes the driver panel look cool with all those options to choose from. ;)

19. Balderdash

Balderdash Member Guru

GPU:
    980m
    I think the slider bars arre nicer, but maybe I'm just more used to them. I keep finding that when I change one, I forget to change them both the way you have it in your driver now. On the other hand, I'm not really complaining either, so, your call :) I'm just thankful that you are doing it at all.

20. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

You can always change it back to the original yourself all you have to do is to find the file nv4_disp.inf and find the line that says:

NvCplDisablePerfQualPage and delete the whole line and the bar sliding page is back but the independent aniso slots in the D3D and OGL pages are gone.