StarshipTroopers Demo#2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Anyone try it yet? Was it better than the 1st one?

2. P4 Gamer

P4 Gamer Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 1080 HOF
    I made the mistake of buying the full game!! GFX are reasonable for the bugs and some character models but the terrain textures are poor as is the skybox. It is much much slower than F.E.A.R and nowhere near as good looking. The game engine feels as though it is not very stable either so the mouse does not even move properly @ times regardless of the resolution selected.

The worst thing about it is the gameplay is so tedious. Shooting 100's of bugs per level gets old real quickly...

There is an impressive sequence directly from the movie where you have to defend the desert outpost from 1000's of onscreen bugs (and there are an incredible number onscreen @ once but no GPU/CPU on earth can handle it without slowing down drastically).

Uninstalled & sold it the next day even though I had the no-dvd patch could have kept it on my HD and played to the end but no desire to do so!

5 Years ago it would have been very well regarded. Now it is horribly dated and should really be a mid-range priced title as the FMV are also very poor quality (even though they are movie rips look like a VHS was used as the source!!).

3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    They were so impressed with their ability to make all those bugs, but forgot about the fact that they suxors at making games. lol