StarSector, formely known as starcontrol, and still in alpha.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cerebus23, Aug 17, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    A youtuber i enjoy covered this game and as a result gave it a peek and well it is pretty solid.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

It is a real time action combat space simulator of sorts, where you level up, explore, build outposts industries, so on. There is a story and factions you co exist or genocide to extinction(i am a monster).

The story is actually interesting and there is a good bit of lore about the universe that can enhance it.

The good,

great art style, story, the universe is gorgeous, the music is ambient and trippy, i get a homeworld vibe for some reason but that MIGHT just be me. it has mod support and easy to mod if you can make sprites in photoshop i made the Arcadia from the Space Pirate Harlock series, the early version and movie version and made it ridiculously OP but man it generates flux like crazy fun to play and some accurate for the movie ship at lest.

the bad
    its alpha, and its a small team mostly one guy doing the heavy lifting and direction so updates take awhile, it is in .9 though and many systems are in and pretty solid, but the systems still to be added like diplomacy, the ai for pirates is INSANE to put it mildly. But it will probably be a good long while before we get .95 or a 1.0 full release on steam, You have to buy it through the website.

Definitely recommend keeping an eye on.

And if anyone is interested i can toss up a video of my Harlock mod if your curious.

Will leave this here, not my video.

he covers it better than i worth a watch.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    The spiffing brit made a video on this game also and he seem to enjoy the title quite a bit while breaking it.