Starfield

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    No footsteps in the dirt?

Guess that needs a community mod.

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yup, same here.

Question: you run down a ramp guns blazing and there are 2 enemies in sight: one ducks behind a hard cover from your shots and one stands in the open firing at you - which enemy do you shoot first?

Right, that guy behind cover. xD

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    Who wants to bet that nearer to release they reveal this is.....

FALLOUT: STARFIELD

lol :p

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably. Actually going in to space will involve something like 2 missions at the beginning, that's it.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Seems like you work on the project and you know some stuff.

Tell us more inside info if you want.

Cheers!

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Did my comment hurt you?

7. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Looks like the same gamebryo engine. Lets see how it ends up, but it doesn't seem very encouraging. The 1000 planets to explore sounds very generic, as they can't possibly fill it with meaningful content. The outpost building is probably the worst feature they have added in their games in recent time, so that is a hard pass for me. Ship building seems quite similar, but at least it has a function, which actually might make it interesting.Combat looked very weak, but that could also be due to the nature of the demo, so we'll see.

Overall a weak showing, but that is what I kinda expected. I guess I will really have to wait for release and tons of mods to see if its worth it. I hope it has more content and less boring grind than Fallout 4 though.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  8. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    exploring tons of planets was also a thing when Andromeda game-play\videos started to flow around. and the outcome was a huge joke.

i suggest following Starfield without expectations for a story. it looks like more of a sim in space, with a lot of crafting and customization
    and it can appeal to some i guess.

how the hell Todd is still announcing anything is beyond me

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can tell just by the way the faces animate.

10. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    That last part of the video... Like cmon, Planet Atlantis, tropical, full of water and so close to that huge star, that's so realistic. And those empty, procedurally generated planet surfaces killed it for me. I didn't expect another NMS.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Hey works for me, i can't get enough FO, 2d, Vr, so a space one is right up my street. ;)

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Star Citizen after 10 years and unlimited money still have tons of broken stuff in it.

Note: i haven't watched the gameplay reveal yet

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Both those 2 games are a lot better than when they got released, only played NMS at release myself, Andromeda later on after it was polished and found it quite enjoyable.

Starfield seems to be more in the line of Elder Scrolls / Fallout in space, will wait for some gameplay videos/streams before deciding if it's a go or no though, the gameplay reveal doesn't really show a lot.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    From what I can tell I don't think you are going to be able to actually fly from planet to space and vice versa like in NMS or Star Citizen, I think it's going to be just flying in space, and then when you get close to a planet it will give you an option to "Land" at a designated spot and then the whole process is like a loading screen and animation and then you are on the planet, and then when on a planet you get an option to "Go To Space", and then again animation / loading screen and you appear in space.

Duke Nil likes this.
  15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    My Jebus this game LOOKs good but I want that SEAMLESS planet to space to planet game... Maybe someone will make it in another engine like ARMA 4... Would be incredible to have a openworld RPG like this... oops forgot about EVE Online... lol

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    One thing I was wondering about.... can we go outside in zero-g and go through the wreckage of space ships that we destroy?

That would be kinda cool, or can npc's possibly survive their ship being destroyed, if they had a suit, or a little life pod kind of thing..... the more I think about it the more I realize, this game really is going to be modded like absolute crazy.

17. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well NMS is a space\exploration sim, and if your know what ur in for - you can enjoy it.

Andromeda today is better than Andromeda on-release means nothing actually. when you ( BioWare ) brand a game with the Mass Effect title, you should know the bars are high, even very very high for a story driven game. and that didn't work. that's basically my argument, the trailers\videos o Andromeda now reminds me Starfield a bit.. and that's bad. you can't patch and\or polish a garbage story.

and as for Starfield being a Elder Scroll\Fallout.. i sure hope not. Oblivion\Skyrim had some kind of magic to them. while the story was weak, and the game-play\combat was clunky.. the world itself, the lore etc had uniqueness you can't find in most of the good games out there. Fallout ( mostly 3 + New Vegas ) are more story-driven and they too had this unique style that made em special. so trying to duplicate an already amazing series but in *space*.. is meh in my eyes.

i thought Starfield is aimed to be a bigger version of Mass Effect with deep characters, and a good story. from the latest videos, it's a space sim and the expectations
    are non existed because when i hear Todd saying thousands of stars to explore, i already know what it means ( no story, no script ) and a LOT of options for stealing money in the future ahead.

i wanna come say in 2023 that i was wrong and it's a killer game. lets see.

18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Well, that's Star Citizen, you can do that right now. From foot to ship to taking off to space to interplanetary travel to planet to ground to foot again seamlessly, no loading screens.

Also Star Citizen right now :) Well, depends on the ship, and if it's in space or atmosphere, but wreckage drops and you can EVA or climb out of your ship and loot the pilot and ship containers if you can find them.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That's a multiplayer game though, which is why I have never felt like trying it... Squadron 42 on the other hand, super looking forward to that... whatever decade it releases at least, hopefully I will still be alive.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Just watched the gameplay demo, not really impressed by the visuals, but the atmosphere, characters etc.. seem interesting, characters do look good also, and nice character creator.