Starcraft II x64 crashes with RTSS 7.0

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Pinstripe, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    I'm not sure whether this is a RTSS or Starcraft 2 issue, but I'm gonna post it here anyway since Blizzard hasn't acknowledged the issue (yet).

Using MSI Afterburner 4.4 + RTSS 7.0 (final), when launching Starcraft 2 (v 4.0.2) it immediately crashes with "An unexpected fatal error occurred". Mind you the 32-bit client launches normally. Took me quite a while to figure out what's the issue. In RTSS Setup under Compatibility poperties, I had to disable "Enable 64 bit applications support service" to make it launch. Alas, with that I can't use the OSD overlay anymore.

Will this require a RTSS fix, or is the onus on Blizzard? Thanks in advance.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Cannot confirm that, launches fine here. Try to perform full uninistall and clean install of RTSS to ensure that you didn't cause the issue with unwanted RTSS tweaks and ensure that you don't have other 64-bit OSD software running in background.

3. Fukki

Fukki New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390
    happens with me too, sc2 doesnt launch with rtss (game crash), it looks like started happening with novembers Windows 10 update.

without rtss game works normal.

4. Unwinder

And the same advice for you. Read the previous post please and follow the suggestions.

5. Unwinder

Update:

I've managed to reproduce the problem, as suspected it is a conflict with other 64-bit overlay. Blizzard's own overlay/streaming service broken compatibility in their recent patch. To address that open "Streaming" settings in Blizzard launcher and uncheck "Enable streaming". Alternately power users may also add Blizzard's overlay library (bzrclient64.dll) to delayed injection engine settings.

6. Fukki

Fukki New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390
    a clean reinstall solved for me, sorry for the trouble.

blizzard streaming was already disabled too.