StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    I can actually beat 2 hard AI but going to the Insane settings its just stupid hard. Besides for the achievements there is nothing really you can learn from the AI besides the same strategy over and over. I think the AI varies a couple of strategies depending on what strategy you go for but thats about it.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    My connection is usually extremely solid. I was just playing a game, and right when I got to the point where it was sure I had it in the bag, and the guy was going down, I inexplicably drop connection to B.net. Not windows live, not anything in the browser, just b.net and SC2. Are there drop hacks? Are they rampant?

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There used to be - there was a post about it on teamliquid, but I think it broke after one of the earlier patches. But it's definitely possible they still exist. I've never personally been dropped though.

btw pm me your bnet name, i want to 1v1 =d

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    This might never happen again, so I'm documenting it here :p I won every game I played tonight. Not sure exactly what I've been doing right. I always check the profile of the player I play against afterwards to see if they have played more than me, and I beat all of them! Strange night because I got my 3 and 5 streak reward just a while ago.
    [​IMG]

On a side note, I notice less and less of my friends are playing :( Its like they just wanted to play the campaign. I have a few people who havent been on in 5 weeks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    perhaps they're disheartened with all this "i should always be winning" attitude because of the ladder and rankings. why not invite them to team games?

6. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Nice one! I've noticed that you've lost at Metalopolis previously, hehe. Air units-friendly map, one of my favorite.

Also, it is quite sad that people are quitting the competition. Noticed some of it myself. Finally, quite a complex PC game, how could they? :p I mean, others' "elitist" attitude means very little if you're good enough yourself. The only annoying thing is when you meet several opponents in a row who just quit game in first 15 mins if their rush fails. Bad for vibe - good for stats, however)

7. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I just won 5 in a row the other night myself. Then the game stepped up my comp and I lost 3 in a row lol. Back to the drawing board

8. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Hmmm all less than a min ago, u sure that b.net wasnt playing up and u won by default cus they lost connection? :3eyes:

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Those times are never right. I noticed the same thing in my friends list when it says the last time that person has logged on.
    Here is a pic I just took just a while ago and I havent played any games yet.
    [​IMG]
    That last Metalopolis loss that used to be 1 hour, now says 20 hours ago, when I lost that one 3 days ago. It still says Less than a minute even a day later.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

humm Nvidia recently enabled AO for SC2 in latest drivers... what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It looks like someone pissed on the ground.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol man...i made me laugh :D

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    AO seems so fake sometimes...especially on the grass where its just a blob. Too many games have it like that too and it really doesnt look right. The only game I've seen so far to get it right is Batman AA.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well it depends. I like it as it can quite kill bland graphics.

In SC2 well, yea it looks bad on the grass, but fine on everything else. They should just tone it down for grass.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    imo AO makes differnece in SC2..infact in all games..adds depth to visuals.

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    just tried it myself and yeah, it does help the visuals a little. Now playing with AO on Quality with 2xAA, shadows medium, physics low, and Vsync'd at 60FPS. Shadows and physics on medium because near the end of a big match, it starts to drop FPS when there is more stuff on screen. Besides, its hard to tell the difference between medium and high from the view.

Debating on if AA is even useful in this game. With 4xAA the FPS drops to the 40's, but 2xAA I can still see jaggies.

17. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    can someone look at these temps and voltages and see if anything is out of place?
    [​IMG]
    Are my voltages too low or wha. Those fan speeds arent at 100% by the way and my CPU can be cooler. My ram is at its rated speeds of 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 but with a slight bump up in voltage. I only have problems with this game, not that I am playing much at the moment...I dont have any problems with BSOD's and my rig seems 100% stable for sure. Just wondering if its the game or my PC!

I get pretty pissed when this game crashes to the desktop and it has that crash log asking "describe what you were doing" and I always say "PLAYING DAMMIT!" send. It seems like it always wants to crash when I make a comeback.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

TMPIN2, whatever that is, is at 128 C. That's freaking hot.

19. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    looks like HWmonitor is lacking lot info while lot stuff does't seem acurate at all.
    btw i would't run hwmonitor at background causes issues with fans on your gfx.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Looks bugged to me. There is no min/max value it's just stuck there.