StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    you can't blame the koreans for turning SC into an E-sport. afterall, it's them who made this undying fame of Starcraft even after 12 years upon the release of SC1. i wouldn't even be surprised if there were still tourneys in S.Korea for SC1 right before SC2 came out. i mean, who else plays the game 12 years? and which other game remains competitive and gets played extensively after 12 years? none that i know of, bar SC1.

the problem now is the elitist people who are alienating the none-diamond players. i don't know how easy it is to get to diamond. but judging from the experience i got using a guest pass, i guess it isn't that hard. i got platinum after the 5 placement matches and I played fairly without the canon rushing.

2. fonzieguy

fonzieguy Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    How can you blame the people who made it lol..
    But yes its not that harsh to get to diamond
    especially with the league system, you get better and better every
    game you play..

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The people who made it?

Blizzard is an American Company. Still Tourneys for SC1? Of course there are, the majority haven't switched to SC2 yet, they still have contracts for SC1.

You seem to be entirely missing the point... =/, which is a sad day for gamers.

4. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    lol, you need to pay for the streams at the tournaments. They (GSL & GOM) are really milking it. Somehow Kespa sounds better, the streams were free to watch and they pay the pro player salary (yes, salary every month regardless of skills like football teams paid their player off sponsor's money).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010

5. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I Also found that the game has been simplified for speed. If you compare SC1 with SC2, one would notice how SC1 (at-least on the terran side) used to have a much slow progress cycle because you needed buildings such as the terran academy and the science facility for more upgrades, plus the buildings had their own extensions such as the control tower for the starport and the two extensions for the science facility.

All of which slowed the game considerably

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Has anyone else had a problem since yesterday where the game randomly decides to take 30 seconds + to quit? It just hangs there on the last screen anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Wtf? You can't cntrl alt delete it either, task manager doesn't respond, nor does alt tab or alt f4. The mouse still moves though and it eventually closes.

7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I've had the freeze where my mouse can still move twice already, but it was early in a match, so not a big deal, but still counts as a loss.

Just a while ago, I did something really retarded, and that is build a command center and then Planetary Fortress inside the enemy base. He had exhausted his resources at the main base and sent all his SCV's to the next closest one. He even had 4 bases and I had 2. I made the Planetary Fortress and while he was busy sending his few units to attack it, I was heading to the next largest base and the fortress was destroying everything in its radius.
    [​IMG]
    I might have to use try this again later hehe. The Fortress does a lot of damage, but it doesnt say how much? Anyone know?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I don't know but just looking at those huge cannons on top I'm sure it's alot

* - Quick Q. I'm extremely noob just bought this game.. I keep getting RAPED by invisible units as terran. I send M&M and they get chopped in half by those protoss guys with the scythes. I need a unit that can see them

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    @FULMTL

hover over the crosshairs to see the damage of the Ibiks cannons. i think it's 40 if i remember it correctly. :)

and why would you call it retarded? i find it entertaining and interesting. :)

@UnclePappi

use the scanners from your command centers (w/orbital station) or get ravens. the latter is used less because it comes late in the game and costs a lot of resources.

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I had a single SCV following my group of marines by accident. I went straight for their base, destroyed it first, and I was like "what are you doing here little SCV?". Then I just decided to start building a base :)

Yeah one game I got destroyed by a bunch of cloaked Banshees. I thought my turrests would get them? That was a sad game because I didnt know what to do.

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Just played a couple 2v2 games with Wraith...oh man I suck :( (sorry maan) For some reason I get distracted pretty easily. I am a much quicker thinker in 1v1. I also feel cramped in the corner in larger games and that probably skrews with my mind.

Maybe I just need to play more 2v2. If we can agree to build one main type of units (like air, ground, both) then I think I could be more organized because my stuff is all over the place.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    did you win guys? may i see the replay? :D

13. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    so today i realised how OP terran is atm kindy stupid if ask me....

so i have 100 mutalisk and 3 thors totaly 3 shot my 100 mutalisk in 1 go even tough i did magic box... trick....

14. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Yeah we lost on couple of occasions if i can recall correctly. Though all of them good games either way.

15. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Ok, so ive got a few G3D members added now but why are you all playing vs the AI all the time??!!!

I can see from profiles that some have done no league games at all and some only a hand full.

Why are you not playing online with other people?

16. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    unable to find :S

17. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Probably not in the same region seeing he is in the Us and you are in UK. Unless you got the NA version,

18. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    :( thats poo i was able to ass wraith tho :S

19. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    if started playing 1 v 1 actualy.
    its fun once in a while but sometimes their lot bull**** tbh.

if had 1 game that could resulted in banshee rush in the end it was a reaper rush which i already knew counter for but choose wrong units to counter.

anyway char code 598 name zerokewl.
    if you cant find me then thats probaly cous your in asia or usa.
    since i'm in Europe.
    hopefully they fix this soon.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i hope the region lock gets lifted :p