StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Pro games are alive and are just fine. In fact, it's VERY much thriving. I've seen a few myself as a bystander. No issues with SC2 E-sports as of yet. Sorry, but you're stretching it a bit far.

As for LAN, that's controversial, and I won't go there.

2. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Where you got this from?
    Don't really believe it's true, cause if it was it would sooner or later leak out...

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Impossible to leak, nearly. Blizzard has an employee monitor at all times, it is not allowed to leave their site, and no other programs are allowed to run on the computers in the tournament besides StarCraft 2. It's pretty tightly nit.

4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I was pretty frustrated last night for some reason I couldnt beat some missions in single player...Went to try my hand at 1v1 for the first time and did pretty good, won 4 games out of 6. The problem I have right now is defending against drop ships or Reaper rushes in the beginning. Any tips or video's?

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Play the challenges, get at least Silver in all of them and you're prepared for anything Online has.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I got silver's on the all the first tier challanges. The 2nd tier, I just got confused lulz.
    Playing a few more 1v1, people sure looove to use medivacs.

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah.

It's called a MMM ball, Marines, Marauders, Medivacs. Creates a army that decimates ground & air, and is being healed, and has fast transport out of there.

IT's one of the primary Terran strategies.

Day in the life of a queen:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  8. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    for reaper rushes,

Toss - stalkers asap.
    Zerg - 1 or 2 queens can defend your base 'til you get hydras or roach or zerglings with speed upgrade.
    Terran - Marines or Marauders.

and of course, scout your opponent. it's about making the best army composition against your opponent's own, and shouldn't always be just about who has the most/bigger army.

what race are you playing btw?

9. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Is it just me, or is this game freaking incredible?

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I am using Terran right now because I didnt play the first Starcraft much at all, and thats all I know. So far, I've won most of my games with a bunch of Marines and about 6-8 Thors with level 3 weapons and armor upgrades.
    I do send out a few marines to each corner of the map, but I still dont build as fast as some people. I watched one of my replays and I average 41 APM. Is that good or bad for only playing 10 games online?

I dont remember the first game, but what is the point of the Helions? They are fast, but so weak! I wish you could have a marine get on top of it to have a little more firepower...or have blades on the front like the Scorpion in UT3 :) It would be so much fun cutting up small ground units and then using them to kamikaze into structures.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    @ElFisho

yes it is! but some would think otherwise :)

13. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I can't stand that HDStarcraft guy... he is WAY too enthusiastic about the game. I literally want to punch him in the mouth and rip out his tongue. But since I doubt I'll ever see him in real life, the mute button will have to suffice. :p

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Anti, you think he is bad? Haha, he's actually very minor, talks less than the other commentators.

Try Day9 or Husky, they're so bad...Day9 acts like an homosexual because he thinks it's "Funny and edgy", adds a lisp to almost everything he says(Doesn't really have one)

And Husky...well.. "H to the USKY USKY USKy, WEEEEEEEEELCOME" And such.

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3987394/

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

HDStarcraft is also pretty much the only one besides RiotXL who broadcasts in High Def(720p and 1080p), it's alot more enjoyable to watch the games full screen, high quality.

15. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Worse than him? Oh man...

I don't even want to play SC2 now just because I don't want to be associated with those weirdos in any way, shape, or form. That hurts. :p

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Haha, those weirdos, yeah. They make like 25,000$ a year doing it though, and considering it only takes them 30 minutes a day...not bad, cause they can have a normal job on top of that.

Makes them a noice bit of cash.

17. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Husky does full HD casting too!!! And I agree, I can't stand Day9....
    But Husky is fun! He is really enthusiastic!

18. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i actually consider HD to be the neutral kind. compared to husky, HD is much more tamed. lol. husky sounds annoying at times, but also funny.

19. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Some of you posters make me laugh.

The commentators (casters) on Youtube and the like are the single greatest source of learning for Starcraft 2 - apart from watching your own replays on slow of course...

And all you do is whine and moan about there style of commentating. If you dont like them, dont watch them.

The fact is that guys like Husky, HD and Day9 are really doing all of us gamers a huge favour by trying to promote eSports and giving it a lot more credability and visibility. Day9 is by far the most technically competant caster of the lot and is extremely analytical in the way he breaks down matches. In my opinion you could probably learn the most from him if you want to improve your playstyle and tactics.

At the end of the day these guys are nerdy gamers and not professional commentators but they are doing something they love and are gaining a bit of popularity and income from it so props to them! :p

Absorb and learn rather than criticize...

My 2c.

20. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    wow, never heard of those channels. I subscribed and gonna watch some games, and see if I can learn something. :p