StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    no prob.. glad to be of help to others. :)

2. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    My SCR's are constantly being attacked in SC2. Every time I try and do something or explore a different part of the map, surprise! My workers are being attacked by those little rodent b!tches and they are not near a bunker.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, I was thinking about actually winning by using 3 reapers. Completely cripple him and destroy him. But yeah, it's probs better to rush him and then switch to mmm, that seems to do some damage...

4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    4 is the most i'd go with reapers. then tech to a different stuff while keeping my opponent busy with the reapers. it's kinda laborious to switch back-and-forth from the reapers and your base, but that's the name of the game. people who multitask well usually wins in sc2.

btw, try out nexus wars guys. really fun and requires none of those high APM games. :)

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well you don't really have to go back and forth between the base and reapers if you hotkey the barracks and command center... but yeah, it's a bit hassle-y, watching some pros on youtube and the way they macro is insane!

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    that's ok if you're just building more units, the problem is when you want to build another building. T_T that extra 2 or so seconds you spend placing that building could sometimes mean the end for your army at the other end of the map.

oh and a tip, building more workers isn't really bad.. even if you've got the mineral patches saturated. i build them whenever i have an extra 50 minerals or until i see a lot of them transferring from one mineral patch to another.

1st scv mines roughly 40 minerals per minute.
    2nd scv on the same mineral patch would still mine about 40minerals/min.
    3rd scv on the same patch would be about 20minerals/min.

2 workers/patch is the optimum no. a 3rd one isn't that bad either (as you will pull some of them off the line at some point in the game). but building a 4th worker is pretty much pointless.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have now won 6 consecutive games. MMM backed up with a few siege tanks seems to be working for me. Enjoying it now :)

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    MMM is one of the best early Terran builds, Siege Tanks are wonderful for defense.

Workers explained:

Generally, a good idea to to try to destroy all a persons workers, so they have no money coming in, which means every unit they lose, they can't get back, at least for awhile.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    make that 7 consecutive wins, I totally dominated the terran opponent with my mmm build... and I had a clumsy start even :)

10. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I just had my first crack at multiplayer last night and got completely destroyed twice. More practice is needed :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I just got pwned by a protoss player...

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    oh, btw if you guys want to play me, add me to your friends, my sc2 name is eclap. I'm still a n00b, but I've been on youtube and on the official forums for the last few days soaking up strategies and tips... but still a n00b :)

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    If you are experiencing really bad lag with a good system, then it may be related to a bug just recently found.

Apparently, some video card/setups are not detecting SC2 as a 3D application, so when you start SC2 your video card stays in 2D mode.

The current fix? Start up a game that will initiate 3D mode (WoW for example), and then minimize it and launch SC2.

Some reports show triple FPS for some users, and even more for others.

Results may vary, but if you are experiencing abnormally low FPS for your system, first see if 2D mode is working. Then try what I said, and see if it helps!

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no problems here, the game's been working great from day one :)

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Im a noob at this game but isnt there some way to start with more resources is vs A.I mode?

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not sure as I don't play v AI. surely playing on the easiest difficulty should be easy enough?

won the last 9 out of 10 games in the practice league, would this be a good time to move on to the ranked games?

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it's fine it you would be ranked lower than what you actually are IMO. 'coz if you'll be ranked platinum for example right from the start, then i can only imagine losing a lot from the other plat players. compared to being ranked lower, you'll be stronger and would have a bigger chance at really winning against weaker opponents.

you can really cheese your way through the 5 placement matches if you really want too tho.

18. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    you have to set it to framebuffer instead of viewport for the SC2.exe, or the other way round (just not the default one).

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Hehe some things I made for my necro in my RPG...

Summon ability with neat effects

[​IMG]

Burning up victims with Death Ray

[​IMG]

It took an awful amount of time to learn how to do your own abilities + visual effects lol

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB