StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    [​IMG]
    http://www.starcraft2.com/

2. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well I finally received an invitation to beta test StarCraft II & it's installing the patches as we speak. I noticed we didn't have a thread specifically for StarCraft II so I thought it was a good idea we start one. How are you guys liking the beta so far? I for one am having trouble just installing it! I keep getting a Runtime Error, but it seems to be installing none the less.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  3. AshCation

AshCation Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX580
    RunTime Error can be Java,DirectX,NET FrameWork ,Microsoft Visual C++, try update the version.

4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well I ended up getting it installed despite the error. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might as well try updating Microsoft Visual C++ since everything else is up to date to avoid the issue in the future.

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it looks plump-ish for me..like WoW or Warcraft3,,

6. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I look at my battle.net account everyday when I wake up, hoping for a beta key. am I not deserving enough? :wanker:

7. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
  8. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    I can't believe, that the first Starcraft 2 thread on guru3d has been opened today. It was announced years ago and yet nobody wrote anything about it?

9. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    The most awesome thing about Starcraft 2 is going to be the map editor :D The custom maps for Warcraft III are just epic, I hope it'll be the same for SC2 :)

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video

11. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I've been playing the cracked beta and I must say, it definitely changed my opinion of the gameplay and graphics, for the better.

Can't wait for the game to be released.

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    I cant wait to get the Official release. This is probably one of the most expected games this year for me.

Beta is also nice.... ;)

13. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I must say I'm really enjoying the gameplay, not so much the graphics. The visuals look very dated, but not enough to really to distract from the MP goodness. I just need to get a lot better to stand any real chance of winning, lol. Any tips you guys can provide would be welcome! Also what's you favorite race to play & why?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  14. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    Graphics are the typical dated trash from Blizzard. However as usual it more than makes up for it in gameplay, and TBH the simplistic graphics are welcome in a RTS as there is the potential for it getting confusing with complex graphics.

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Improvement on the game is usually on analyzing which combat strategy works best for you. I'd say start with the button shortcuts so you can build and assign stuff faster. Also another thing that i'd say counts is always build the most essential structures in the beginning then the tech tree structures.

My favorite race to play with is the Prottoss but mastering them is really hard as they are slowest race to develop overall.
    Terran is usually the most balanced.
    Zerg is the easiest as you can pretty much rush the enemy in the beginning.

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Seems more like an updated expansion pack to starcraft 1, with some improved, but not enough, graphics.

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the info!

18. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Agree this looks more like SC 1.1 not 2. Units are almost all the same with very minor improvements. I as expecting it to have large improvements like CC series had with most new versions. For all the years they have worked on SC2 you would expect much more also.

After a few days cancelled my pre-order of SC2 most would pay for it is $20 after seeing and playing it.

19. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    terran does appears to be the middleground amongst the 3 races, but it's the hardest to master as with SC1. :)

20. snapster

snapster Active Member

GPU:
    ATI XFX 5870
    Comparing CC to SC :))))))))))))))) sure thing.They could have put 102 new units and a 5 new races one of them being pink ponies shooting lazors out of their pony tails.But would you balance it all?