StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm Teaser Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 29, 2011.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    would tap

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    not bad.

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I can't wait for the next $59 DLC reskin that is only dual core optimised and had a blur filter AA.

Being a PC exclusive means it's awesome right and ensures optimisation and fair value? /s

Meanwhile you can play Supcom 2 with 500 units with 32csaa and still get 45+ frames with a much larger scope and better graphics and it's a multiplat and still encourages more unit diverse attacks.

SC is rock paper scissors in a PC games ( armoured/flesh/shield)

Even C&C had different armour types for vehicles and buildings and hence more diverse unit strategy grenadiers for buildings, rocketeers for vehicles ).

With SC you just spam 2 units, it's a competition to see who has the best OCD.

I would compare it to professional cup stackers ( where they stack and unstack them very fast ). It is just fine muscle development and applying a level of skill to a VERY simple game.

P.S

First game was 50hrs long for me, SC2 was 22......but I thought each portion was "longer than the first"........

EDIT:
    Also 14 day online re-authentication is just dandy. I'm so glad Activision bought Blizzard, their games are much better now... /s

Last edited: May 29, 2011

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Do not want. I don't know why I bought the first.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I might buy if its like $40, but not $60.
    I actually like the campaign of SCII, but I felt like they spent more time on detail in the first few missions. Then the middle and second half were kinda average. Since I already knew it was going to be a trilogy, the ending was bleh.

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Spoken like a true idiot. It is no way near as simple as rock/paper/scissors. It is no way near as simple as just mass two units and gun it. It's about the micro and knowing what beats what.

I actually seriously enjoyed SC2. Campaign was very different and interesting, what with the upgrading etc. Looking forward to see what they do in HotS. I didn't measure the time it took to finish (Hard, all campaign achievements), but I would say it is similar to that of the first SC, and that is three races. And I am a lot better now than I was on SC1 (thanks in no small part to being on the SC2 beta).

Otherwise I can agree with all the technical issues you posted. I just don't think any of that really takes away from the fun I get from playing.

8. PinguX

PinguX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580
    Actually its single core and optimised for i5/i7. Yeah SC2 does'nt have proper armour types, no directional armour and infantry cannot be run over.

CNC3 was a much better game imo, however it would seem more gamers prefer a two unit spam game rather than a variety of units and dare I say Strategy ?

I liked the SC2 campaign and the cinematics, but its not worth £40/$60.

9. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    Sure sc2 wasn't perfect, and some people don't like it. But there isn't a single game out there that is better then sc2.

Why?

When your game has a multi-million dollar industry centered around its gameplay, with thousands of fans showing up for events around the world, then perhaps you can talk.

10. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    SC2 is a multiplayer game ... if you don't play it this way, this game just end as a good story RTS ... but the real fun start when you start to be in the competition ....

11. PinguX

PinguX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580
    I take it your stating that as your opinion ?

I use to play multiplayer but got fed up with the marine/marauder zergling/roach and zealot/stalker spamming. Not saying every match was like this, but the majority were.

12. HellsAn631

HellsAn631 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295 715/1250
    I get tired of football because all it is are a bunch of guys kicking a ball around....

Its not about what you do, but how you do it.

Or you can just go back to play with your 20 different units that do the exact same thing, but then build the one unit that beats everything. now THAT... sounds like fun

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Is there going to be new units/changes to this game? What should we expect besides new maps, and story? If there are less than 20 missions, I'm gonna pass.

14. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    @Neo Cyrus

Agreed.

@Skiddywinks

You're right, everyone plays as Terran or Zerg so it's only really rock and scissors. They also just spam roaches or marines...yep, uber awesome game ( see my cup stacking reference again ).

Insulting people because they don't like the same game as you is also extremely insecure of you. You play it for 9hrs a day and are single right?

@PinguX

That is an oxymoron. It is horribly optimised and even with AA off it looks blurry because the textures are so low res.

15. PinguX

PinguX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580
    My point was its a half assed coded game. The optimised comment was in regard to i5 and i7 cpus, as the game lags in 2v2 and 4v4 at 200/200 supply on phenom II's and core 2's but not on i5's and i7's. Also since blizzard promote i7's at sc2 tournaments, I assumed the game maybe optimised for i7's. However it could just be the raw power of the i7 making up for blizzards shoddy coding.

16. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I honestly stopped playing SCII multiplayer when they kept changing stuff. Seriously, they had plenty of time to balance the game out in beta, and yet they keep changing stuff like a units health or build order. I haven't played in months because of it, and I'm sure if I were to log in now, it's totally ****ed.

17. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I think it's this. I doubled performance going from Q9450@3.6 to i7-870@3.84.

@FULMTL

They also promised that expansions would not have new MP units so you wouldn't be coerced into buying all 3 games just to keep up competetively...that turned out to be a lie too. They plan to have new units in each expansion to string suckers along.

I'm done with Blizzard. Have been with activision for years but I thought Blizzard might have a spark left....I was wrong.

They should have just released a 3 hr GDI movie ala Final Fantasy: Spirits within on Blu-Ray, that's the only good part about the game is the cut scenes, the gameplay is cut and paste SC1 with old units swapped for new like units. They could have turned SC1 into SC2 with a patch....it pretty much looks the same too ( shudders at thought of SC2's texture res even on 'ultra' )

IMO almost every RTS from the last 5 years is better than SC2.

18. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Company of Heroes is better. Better graphics, better action and tactics.

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I play it for an hour or two a night, if I play it. And I am single, not that it matters or that I should be even responding to your personal insults.

I was not insulting you for not liking the game. By all means, don't like the game. I was insulting you for sounding like an idiot who hasn't even played the game. There is not a single all powerful unit or strategy in SC2 that will win every time. Not one.

And I actually find most people play Terran, followed quite closely by Protoss and finally Zerg, which is a rarity. If people keep spamming Roachs or Marauders, how about you build the units that counter those units? You are scouting right? And extrapolating what you think they are doing? Right? You know, playing the game I mean.

Or, you can easily defeat such spamming and got bored of winning before being bumped up to a league where everyone isn't an idiot. Either way, you can't say a game is nothing but rock/paper/scissors (in fact, you shouldn't make any claims) without actually giving some evidence.

TL;DR - I don't dislike your opinion, I dislike your attitude and the way you put your opinion across.

20. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I bought a game for $69aus that I consider to be a 100% clone ( reskin ) of SC1.

I have a right to be pisses. There was nothing about the 14 day-re-activation DRM on the box either.

As far as I'm concerned I was ripped off and yeah I'm pissed about it.