StarCraft(1) Color Issues-Dx involved?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by DaFlackz, Oct 21, 2013.

1. DaFlackz

DaFlackz New Member

GPU:
    AMD-Radeon-7890-4095mb
    So ive downloaded a digital copy of starcraft broodwar (or the first starcraft however you may want to refer to it as) from blizzard's website so you don't have to deal with a disc and corrupted files or update issues some months ago, it was working beautifully for a while and I wanted to play it again recently and now its having color issues.....all rainbow like and stuff.

Ive tried practically every known fix from numerous forums and youtube and none have changed it the slightest :bang: ranging from changing permissions, compatibility modes, 32-16 bit changes, to odd situation fixes... none have worked (go look up "starcraft color fixes" if you must for a better explanation/examples)

After reading a lot of things and looking at a lot of things and just thoughts in general im coming to a conclusion that when I had to do video card driver updates and directx updates for battlefield 4 that somehow starcraft become incompatible with them BECAUSE I haven't done updates for neither for sometime and I was playing starcraft just fine last month with no issues of any sort and I was wondering if disabling some features like direct draw
    direct3d and Agp acceleration temporarily to play starcraft would work or
    Changing Pixel Modes or some sort of setting changes related to color, starcraft opens and runs fine except for colors, any more thoughts or ideas would be great , I would like to add that de-grading isn't a route I would like to take or bother with

Please Help if possible and thanks!

2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
  3. DaFlackz

DaFlackz New Member

GPU:
    AMD-Radeon-7890-4095mb
    tried it before , nope

4. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I have my compatability tab set to...

Run in Compatability mode for Windows 98 / Windows ME
    Run in 256 Colors (This sets 8-bit color)
    Run in 640x480 Screen Resolution
    Disable Visual Themes (this disables Aero)

Run this program as administrator

The issue I believe is how win7 handles direct draw ...

Could also try a Direct Draw fix like from here...
    http://sol.gfxile.net/ddhack/

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    i used to just shutdown explorer.exe in ctrl+alt+del and alt tab back in, it worked everytime...