Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sneakers, May 29, 2010.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Why can't they fix that. :( Its a good game otherwise. I'm waiting for tech support on the phone right now. Pretty sure my account got hacked again.. When I try to verify my account with email, I never get it. So I'm sure it got hacked.. WTF!

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Ok, I got thru and this is the 2nd time my account got banned for gold farming.. WTF? I don't even what that is. I don't think they have a way to stop this from happening.
    I don't know how to stop it from happening either. And I don't want to start another account just to get it hacked again.. Just frustrating!

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Yeeeah, I'm pretty sure you can count yourself amoung the innocents hit with the 4.0 Exploit Ban Hammer round. If you frequent the SWTOR forum or the fan sites, it is often reported that too many innocents got banned with the cheaters. But that is just my speculation, can't tell for certain, check the mail you received for specifed information regarding the reason for banning you.

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I got banned for gold farming.. Of course I didn't. So how did someone get a hold of my email to even do that? I talked to support, she had me email the dispute. I think this game is pretty much dead to me. Just isn't worth it. They need to get their sh*t together!

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Currently there is this double XP thingy going on which makes things worse. In 4.0 they introduced level caps (your character will be downgraded) so that you wouldn't be op even when over levelled. Still, things are easy and you will get XP from all quests, also the quest XP will scale to your level. The progression will not get slower.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That particular iteration of the Hero engine is a POS.

Unfortunately, I think that they've done all they can to make it run as well as it will run.

It's a real shame that they didn't go in a different direction where the engine was concerned.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Agreed.... the engine is just the worst, to think of the budget they had, their direction and focus was so wrong, VOICE OVERS, while they're good.... I simply don't agree with the fact that they took a higher priority in the budget than anything else and the game itself? Holy ****.......... worst decision making ever, who the **** made these decisions?

They made the crappiest game ever, essentially....

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Game engine is a weird one yes. I'm getting much better performance with VSR resolution than with my original 1440p, of course i had to lower shadow settings to very low but now it's stable 60fps all the time... Unless I use quick travel or space missions or something else.. Major stutter fest that can be resolved by using a quick atl+tab moment :)

Just hit lvl50 and it's been very enjoyable week so far, I know i'm currently too powerful in my quests(nar shaddaa lvl26) but the ability to do pretty much everything is great.
    Also I realized yesterday that one of my old characters has loads of rare cartel market items in cargo and currently I'm making millions in the galactic network with them :D

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's quite sad to see how poorly the game runs on my computer: i get a decent FPS but launching and playing this game seems to take all my computer ressources. Meanwhile i play Star Citizen, Battlefront at 4K with respectable FPS and my computer seems to handle those two way better.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Setting shadows quality above 2048 will cause massive issues with little to no visual benefit. Sweet spot would be 1024. Their shadowing system is so poor that it's not even funny and the only thing that stresses the GPU. Other than that it's almost completely CPU or server bottlenecked.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's not even 64 bits.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Doesn't the group finder tell you if you want to continue or not without a Tank?

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I keep getting back to the game, i subbed and bought a lvl60 token.

Is it normal that i got 2 lvl60 tokens? i knew you'd get one when you subbed but that was back in 2015.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    New Expansion drops December 2.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Funny you bumped the thread. I've re-installed and am downloading the client as I'm writing this. SWTOR is my winter MMO. For some reason, every year, I install this towards the end of the year for a few months. Same this year :)

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Awesome trailers, as always, but the actual game is an empty shell of an MMO. All these stories would have served a much better purpose in a single player KOTOR (more than one). Such a shame...

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Repo Man likes this.
  18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Please ... No more Disney SW trilogies...

Make it a TV show if anything, The Mandalorian showed they can do it decently live action.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    XenthorX likes this.
  20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Not hyped one bit. It's made by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss aka Dumb & Dumber in collaboration with Ryan Subversion Johnson... and this on top of Disney. Freaking hell, and to think I was for some weird reason excited way back when Disney bought the SW rights, and all they did was crap all over the franchise. Expect more of that and then some, even if this could be in theory a fresh start due to the setting. With these people at the helm? No way.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.